• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 64 bit will not load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If that's correct then I'm closing this thread, as it's clearly NOT a legitimate purchased copy of Windows 7.

It is a very legit purchased copy. My neighbor works at a local game/repair shop here in DE. He would not give me an illigal copy, nor would I try to install one on my brand new system that I spent alot of time and money on....Part of the problem is that I am a novice. I may not be using the correct terminolgy. I will post screen shots tonight of the disc. IF it is not a legit copy I have no problem following the rules here. I will have another problem w/ the neighbor. I highly doubt that he would try to pass off a turd on me.

There is no ISO for a legit disk. A legit disk will have hologrammed pictures on the top of it, so it should be visually obvious whether or not it is a legit disk.

so wtf did this guy give me? He told me it was perfectly legit so long as I purchased the Keycode/license. Damn I feel stupid. Sorry to all who tried to help!!
Guess I'll be stopping by the neighbors house tonight....mfer!!

so wtf did this guy give me? He told me it was perfectly legit so long as I purchased the Keycode/license. Damn I feel stupid. Sorry to all who tried to help!!
Guess I'll be stopping by the neighbors house tonight....mfer!!

If you're paying for the license, you should get the media as well. My only concern is that since his copy is not an actual retail/oem copy, maybe he's used nlite or something to create his own special install disk, which could very well be causing your issues.

There really isn't enough difference between the 32 bit install and the 64 bit install to cause the problems you're describing, imho.

If you're paying for the license, you should get the media as well. My only concern is that since his copy is not an actual retail/oem copy, maybe he's used nlite or something to create his own special install disk, which could very well be causing your issues.

There really isn't enough difference between the 32 bit install and the 64 bit install to cause the problems you're describing, imho.

I want to make sure I am doing this the right way. Is my copy legit? Just a bad copy? Am I doing something illigal?

Ask your neighbor only he knows what he gave you. Maybe it is legit but it doesn't sound like it

Ask your neighbor only he knows what he gave you. Maybe it is legit but it doesn't sound like it
I made it clear from the start with him that I didn't want anything bogus.....I shot him a text a couple minutes ago expressing my concern...he told me not to worry....I told him too late.

I do appreciate all the help I have gotten from all here!

FWIW I get a similar CD/DVD Driver error if I try to install W7-32 on an older AMD system via a USB DVD Drive. Go figure...

:cool:

There is no ISO for a legit disk. A legit disk will have hologrammed pictures on the top of it, so it should be visually obvious whether or not it is a legit disk.

there are legit .iso's for windows 7, it's how i'm running right now. You can go to the microsoft web site, search for student discount, and if you qualify you will be given link to download a .iso from microsoft's partner, didgital river.
contact me if you need more proof.

I got both my copies of Windows 7 as downloadable .iso files that I burned myself and my serials were emailed to me by Microsoft. Buying it via their student offer, or in my case downloading from my schools IT department for free, both give you the option to order discs for a fee, but you can burn them yourself.

I can't say where his neighbor got the copy, but there are legit copies of Windows 7 available via ISO you burn yourself.

That is not true. I bought my Windows 7 Professional directly from Microsoft and they give you a link to download an ISO of the disk unless you prefer to pay a few bucks more to get a disk delivered from them.

The data source isn't what makes it legit, it is the license that makes it legit. That is my understanding.

That is not true. I bought my Windows 7 Professional directly from Microsoft and they give you a link to download an ISO of the disk unless you prefer to pay a few bucks more to get a disk delivered from them.

The data source isn't what makes it legit, it is the license that makes it legit. That is my understanding.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match with all the feasible possibilities here.

"Neighbor"
"this actual disk has been loaded on other systems"
"it is a good copy according to the neighbor"

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Back