• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to install Thermalright True

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, this isn't really the place for it but it looks like you need more vCore - and what OCCT is showing isn't it. ;) Can you post the main page of CPU-Z while at load?

Do you have the latest BIOS?

^^^What he said. I'm not an amd guy, but looks like you needa tune that OC. Also, ditch speedfan, its numbers are way off most of the time. Coretemp is where you needa be unless you're wanting a heads up graph for relative temps only, that's about all speedfan is good for.

Well, this isn't really the place for it but it looks like you need more vCore - and what OCCT is showing isn't it. ;) Can you post the main page of CPU-Z while at load?

Do you have the latest BIOS?
as far as I know. Flashed it about a week ago...

Attachments

• cpuz.PNG
    cpuz.PNG
    20.6 KB · Views: 66
I should have asked for the Memory tab as well but that's OK. From the looks of your temps you can afford more vCore - if needed - but you might tinker with the cpuNB first if you haven't already.

What are you running for cpuNB speed and cpuNB VID (voltage)? Speed should be at least 2400 MHz and maybe 1.15-1.20v (the lower the better). Often cpuNB speed can stabilize an existing OC or reduce the vCore needed if it's stable.

Side note: When did OCCT change their view ...???

I should have asked for the Memory tab as well but that's OK. From the looks of your temps you can afford more vCore - if needed - but you might tinker with the cpuNB first if you haven't already.

What are you running for cpuNB speed and cpuNB VID (voltage)? Speed should be at least 2400 MHz and maybe 1.15-1.20v (the lower the better). Often cpuNB speed can stabilize an existing OC or reduce the vCore needed if it's stable.

Side note: When did OCCT change their view ...???

Bare with me as this is my first OC , notr sure about changes to OCCT...

Attachments

• cpmem.PNG
    cpmem.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 66
  • hardmon.PNG
    hardmon.PNG
    43.4 KB · Views: 69
cpuNB speed is looking good! :thup: Everything looks like it's on track as far as I can tell.

That HWMonitor shot doesn't help much, though - no idea what all those voltage readings represent. Have you manually set the cpuNB voltage? If so, what did you use? If not try 1.15v then 1.20v - but only if 1.15v gives you problems ...

Bare with me as this is my first OC , notr sure about changes to OCCT...

These are my bios settings.

AI OC-manual
CPU Ratio-Auto
AMD turbosore-auto
cpu bus-282
ht link speed-auto
cpu&nb v mode-offset
cpu offset voltage 1.416
cpu/nb offset-1.35
cpu vdda volt-2.48
ht volt-1.193
nb volt-1.284
nb 1.8v-1.8
sb volt-1.1

Occt ran with no error this time...

cpuNB speed is looking good! :thup: Everything looks like it's on track as far as I can tell.

That HWMonitor shot doesn't help much, though - no idea what all those voltage readings represent. Have you manually set the cpuNB voltage? If so, what did you use? If not try 1.15v then 1.20v - but only if 1.15v gives you problems ...

I ran ASUS TurboV EVo...I didn't really do anything myself. Figured it was a good way to start learning???

That cpuNB voltage (1.35) is really high. I'd try manually setting it to 1.25v, then 1.20v, then 1.15v testing each time to make sure it's staying stable.

I can see where it could be used as a starting point, since it seems to set the values instead of just running them on auto, but a little reading and manual control is better. Have you read Dolk's Guide, yet ...?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=596023

That cpuNB voltage (1.35) is really high. I'd try manually setting it to 1.25v, then 1.20v, then 1.15v testing each time to make sure it's staying stable.

I can see where it could be used as a starting point, since it seems to set the values instead of just running them on auto, but a little reading and manual control is better. Have you read Dolk's Guide, yet ...?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=596023

I have read it. It's time to read it a couple more times.
Thanks for all your help!!

Back