• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with error code

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Computer crashed and here is the error code:

Error Signature: BC Code: 9c BCP1: 00000000 BCP2:8054E5F0 BCP3: B6422000 BCP4:00000135 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:3_0 Product: 256_1

Can anyone help me with interpreting this?

BC Code: 9C (0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION) is a hardware related error. Is the system overclocked, and which OS are you running (XP SP3 I assume)?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, XP SP3. Yes, it is overclocked but it passes a long prime95 test. I checked ram with Memtest 86+ overnight immediately after I built the box but not since overclocking. However, the memory is running at the stock frequency.

This is an HTPC box and the crash happened while watching ESPN3. I am using the onboard video with a passively cooled stock heatsink on a Foxconn 740G based board. Could this be the problem? IGP overheating? However, after the crash I restarted and have been watching ESPN3 without more problems for a considerably longer time than when the crash occurred.

you are gonna have to try it without the overclock. would not hurt to run memtest again

you are gonna have to try it without the overclock. would not hurt to run memtest again

I lowered the starting ram frequency from the stock DDR2 800 to DDR2 666 before I started to overclock. After overclocking the result was DDR2 800.

Actually, I found the problem. I ran Prime and one core dropped out after 1 hr. So I bumped up the vcore a little and ran it for 5 hrs. with no errors. I've seen this before, that overclock settings that were originally stable no longer carry the mail after a while.

BC Code: 9C (0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION) is a hardware related error. Is the system overclocked, and which OS are you running (XP SP3 I assume)?

Looks like unstable processor core. Sorry. :(

Looks like you require more Vcore or lower the core frequencies.

Back