• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram-Disk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Video converting does a lot of read/write to disk. If you watch your hard drive light you will see the disk is frequently accessed in short bursts. Being a mechanical operation, hard disk read/write is a comparatively slow process. I would think a ram disk setup would eliminate a lot of that. However, it might require a lot of ram to make it efficient. How much ram do you have?

Video converting does a lot of read/write to disk. If you watch your hard drive light you will see the disk is frequently accessed in short bursts. Being a mechanical operation, hard disk read/write is a comparatively slow process. I would think a ram disk setup would eliminate a lot of that. However, it might require a lot of ram to make it efficient. How much ram do you have?

I have 12GB ddr3 Triple channel memory

If I have enough memory how can i set up ram-disk to my video converter

Back