• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Remote Connection Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coreyoliseffect

I am look for a program that will allow me to connect to someone else computer via the internet and interact/control their system. I want the program to be legit and have the user on the other end verify that they are allowing me to connect. I have seen a program like this but I do not remember the name. Also, if it could be very user friendly to the not tech savy that would a plus. Oh, and I am cheap so free is the best option. :p

Check teamviewer out HERE. I have only used it over lan but it seemed simple enough to setup over the net and has a lot of lag reducing features ect.

EDIT: Its free

i used TIGHT VNC because it was . . . well Free :) it also allowed me to adjust more things live. so i could have a Ugly picture that went fast, or excessive compression if there was adequite cpu and not enough net.
and it could be configured to warn, not warn at all, or warn with password requirements.
Plus with all the switches i could undo some thing that werent compatable, tweak more stuff, and go into different modes altogether for window handling, redraws and refreshes. still sucks compared to being there :)
http://www.tightvnc.com/

when i tried to do some stuff to my friends computer via lan, i figured they could SEE what was happening, and therin do it themselves some day, instead the dull glaze they had , and lack of takeing the mouse back over told me that wasnt going to happen :)

Last edited:
You can use Remote Assistance that is built in to Win7, that is really the only thing I know of that provides the other end the ability to request/verify you to connect. Edit: I think this was also in Vista and XP, but its "new and improved" in Win7. And if you and the remote computer are both behind a NAT is a pain to get working.

teamviewer, vnc, logmein will all also work.

I recently started using logmein and rather enjoy it. From what I've seen though its more along the lines of you get a user name and password and then control the end computer whenever you want not only when they ask you to.

I have been trying out Teamviewer and it seems to fit the bill. All I have to do now is convince my boss to let me install this on all our comps so that I never have to leave the IT room. :D

There is a version of Teamviewer that requires the person at the client PC to allow you to control it? Interesting. The only version I have seen before was one that was always on waiting for an inbound connection that you just gave it a login and password. I will have to go check it out.

PCI compliance is important in my line of work, so have to be wary of such things :)

There is a version of Teamviewer that requires the person at the client PC to allow you to control it? Interesting. The only version I have seen before was one that was always on waiting for an inbound connection that you just gave it a login and password. I will have to go check it out.

PCI compliance is important in my line of work, so have to be wary of such things :)

There was an option to allow full control and I think that it can be tweaked. I was just excited to find a program that quick that worked that I didn't get into the control deal with the person that I was testing it on. Let me know what you find!

Back