• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Losing memory bandwidth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bakercake

Well I think I'm not getting the bandwidth this ram puts out or close to it and sometimes blogs down. Is it normal for it to blog down after long term use?

rampspeed.png

After 2 days of testing the ram will run fine upon start up. After 1-2 hours of gameplay my ram loses about 100mb+ in Read and write and copy loses about 50mb. I have no clue what's causing this. I ran memtest a few times for 6 hours and no errors.

On the picture the my speeds used to be -

Read - very close to 9k
Write - it was in the low 6,800
Copy - low 10,500

The ram I have.
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB)

2% 4% max , and the rams are then "filled" more right? your system is then having more ram actually used?
and you still have 8G bandwidth on it.
so the problem is what?

is something your doing getting way bogged down?

That's hardly a problem. Like he said, it 2-4% and you did it after a game and after doing things. Of course it's going to go down. The Ram is used as a cache. That test you're using writes new data to the ram, which has to delete the cached data first. Thus increasing latency and decreasing bandwidth.

I'm willing to bet that every time after a clean reboot, you can achieve, within 1%, the same score every time.

Back