• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]AMD Phenom II x6 1075T Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
O

Overclockers.com

AMD Phenom II x6 1075T Review
by Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)

1075t-Phenom_II_x6_die_black_angle-213x300.jpg

For quite a few months now, there have been two choices of Thuban - the Phenom II x6 1055T and the Phenom II x6 1090T. Clocking in at 3.0GHz, today AMD releases a third, the Phenom II x6 1075T.

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

:thup:

Excellent clocks for the vCore - I couldn't believe 4.0 GHz with only 1.37v! :shock:

BTW - Most if us think of 1.30-1.35v (not 1.25v) as being stock voltage for most chips with the exception of the low power ('e') offerings ... ;)

Great review, but I have two comments:
First, the not-to-scale graphs are confusing. Even though it's stated in the article, it still gives the impression of a huge performance gap between the processor when the gap is not very big.

Second, I recommend you to update to the latest Core Temp, as 0.99.5 is long out of date. :)

:thup:

Excellent clocks for the vCore - I couldn't believe 4.0 GHz with only 1.37v! :shock:

BTW - Most if us think of 1.30-1.35v (not 1.25v) as being stock voltage for most chips with the exception of the low power ('e') offerings ... ;)
It was about 1.416 Vcore loaded. The Crosshair IV Formula overshoots by ~.04-.05 V with LLC on.
a related review of the 1075t got a successful overclock of 4.15 GHz, exceeding the4.0 max of the 1090t

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.p...sk=view&id=603&Itemid=63&limit=1&limitstart=9
As I mentiond, 4.0 was not the max I could go 24/7. Indeed, it did that at only 46° C. It could have easily exceeded 4.0, but that was the number I chose to use for 24/7 operation. :)
Great review, but I have two comments:
First, the not-to-scale graphs are confusing. Even though it's stated in the article, it still gives the impression of a huge performance gap between the processor when the gap is not very big.

Second, I recommend you to update to the latest Core Temp, as 0.99.5 is long out of date. :)
I was torn on the data. The graphs for things like everest & 3DMark with scores in the tens of thousands just looked silly with bars the same length. The express purpose for mentioning that was so people didn't get confused. Worked for you, hope it worked for everybody. :)

Roger that on the CoreTemp update, thanks!

Ahh thats why you kept bothering me trying to overclock a "1090T" ;)

Ahh, but I never said a 1090T. I said a Thuban and never specified a model or any details; and you didn't ask. :thup:

(Thanks much for your help. Dolk rules everybody!)

I can see that this is going to be a good CPU for the $600-800 computers.

Hokie I'll expect something in the mail :D :beer:

Thanks ED!

Agreed Dolk. ...and what's that you expect? I can send a thank you note if you want. ;)

Great review, its so good to see AMD gaining some ground again.

I've supported them from the day I built my first pc on a socket A and I honestly feel that if it wasn't for them, Intel would not have felt compelled to make better processors and just sell mediocre performance for a premium price.

maybe I should get one of these new thubans, damit, always so many things to upgrade ><

The cpu in this review is definitely cherry picked...I just picked up a 1075t from frys that wouldn't even post 4.0 @ 1.5v...sad. I played with timings, dividers, HT frequency, multipler down fsb up, increased CPU NB vid, northbridge vcore, ram vcore, and NOTHING would get the cpu to post even past 3805 mhz...

this chip has such a low voltage range for OCing headroom. I could get to 3600mhz @ stock vcore, but i pretty much have to kick the vcore up to 1.45 before it will post @ 3.8 and then 1.475 to stabilize. any clocks higher and no matter what i push to it, it doesn't post.

weak chip!!!!!

:welcome: to OCF!

The cpu in this review is definitely cherry picked...I just picked up a 1075t from frys that wouldn't even post 4.0 @ 1.5v...sad. I played with timings, dividers, HT frequency, multipler down fsb up, increased CPU NB vid, northbridge vcore, ram vcore, and NOTHING would get the cpu to post even past 3805 mhz...

this chip has such a low voltage range for OCing headroom. I could get to 3600mhz @ stock vcore, but i pretty much have to kick the vcore up to 1.45 before it will post @ 3.8 and then 1.475 to stabilize. any clocks higher and no matter what i push to it, it doesn't post.

weak chip!!!!!
I'm sure it couldn't be the RAM, motherboard, or PSU holding your overclock back ...

weak chip!!!!!
This is more likely than OCF having cherry picked one I would imagine. Its nice to have your experience in this thread to show the good and bad though. But who knows, maybe AMD cherry picks all their CPU's for reviews (if we even got it that way???).

Just to clarify, your chip was weak, not all chips are weak. I've had an i7 860 that wouldn't stabilize at 4.0GHz with 1.45Vcore and one that did just fine at 4.0GHz at 1.32Vcore. Every model of every chip has strong ones and weak ones.

I did come from AMD, and I can't speak to what happened to it from production until I got it. I doubt it's worth it to them to cherry pick however many they send out for review. Cost / Benefit just isn't there.

:welcome: Dark

If you truly believe that you cannot get the 1075T to go past 3.8ghz boot up, than don't bother reading this.

Otherwise, message me and I'll show you a couple things.

I was mainly posting out of frustation, since then i've returned the 1075t for the i5 760(mainly because I am more interested in the fantastic GTX 460 SLI scaling performance gains).

I will shoot you a PM mainly because I would like to know what you're talking about.

Back