• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All "New" GPU Cooler Brought to You by MattNo5ss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha, pretty cool.. except i totally doubt I'd be willing to go ways out to throw away those PCIe slots :(

Bobn & onefstsnake

Good thing I moutned this on the 8800GTX since y'all are either using DICE or an Ultra...

EDIT: Is this going down in the Octagon?

There was actually someone that had mounted a stock P4 cooler to an older GPU. I think it might have been a GeForce 6800 or something.

Now that you mention it, I think I recall that too. Using zipties through the mounting holes and heat sink fins.

Great stuff.

A cooler with less convex base is possible to "fit" better with the (huge) gpu die.

Mine is lapped, so there shouldn't be bigger gaps between the die and the heat sink on the outer edges.

Haha, pretty cool.. except i totally doubt I'd be willing to go ways out to throw away those PCIe slots :(

That's true. The only thing I need the slots for is one GPU. I could install the GPU in the bottom slot, which would free up all the other slots. I'd definitely need something to hold up the GPU if I did that.

Last edited:
My preliminary 3d06 is 13323, there's waaaaay more CPU to be applied to that though.

Hmm, those load temps are a little disappointing from such a massive heatsink, I would've thought it would be further down to the 30s, but still an impressive reduction drop in temps. Regardless of temps though, that is a truly awesome sight, I love it!

That GPU is in the 180w range (50w higher then an i7 920), those are very good temps!

I'm going to try and make a run at 3D with my 8800GTX/GTS/GT, never really done it before. I'm keeping an eye on your 06 thread. This is what makes ambient benching fun, you have to be creative :D

There's really no bend. It's just leeway in the PCIe slots. I do have some tubing and PVC from my loop and station that I could use.

I know right? I need to send my card to get volt modded so badly! It runs so cool with the stock cooler that I reached the voltage wall and haven't even come close to the heat wall. My max benching clocks load the card to liuke 70*C. :drool:

For quite some time i want to cool a vga with a cpu cooler, but with GF100 is the right time, thank you for giving me the impulse for doing that.

Attachments

• 39c.JPG
    39c.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC_8880.JPG
    DSC_8880.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 823
  • P1180318.JPG
    P1180318.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 706
For quite some time i want to cool a vga with a cpu cooler, but with GF100 is the right time, thank you for giving me the impulse for doing that.

that's awesome man...your temps are PHENOMINAL. What's that you've got cooling your vregs?

Looks like this is catching on already :) Nice job :thup:

Since my AS5 has cured a little bit, my load temps are 46C now. My ambient is 26C, so I have a 20C change. You have 20C ambient and 39C load for a 19C change. I'd expect the copper TRUE to perform better and it does, especially when you take into account you have a GTX480.

that's awesome man...your temps are PHENOMINAL. What's that you've got cooling your vregs?

Looks like the VRM G2 to me.

Last edited:
Jesus. That looks awesome. Not pulling any of these cards apart right now though.

If all you have for GPUs is stock cooling, then you should take them apart and see what you may have tucked away :)

wire ties? lol

That's how I roll :D

Zip ties is what I had laying around. I very well could have been shoe strings or rope instead...

That's cool. I'm glad I got to see this on poparamiro's new GTX580 :clap:

Off topic:

Name change for you huh? Short and sweet now...

Back