• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Threadstarters - Mark expired deals as [EXPIRED]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
or maybe there could be a way to set it to add [expired] after x amount of days set by thread starter perhaps ?

This would be best, since a lot of times we know how long the deal will run.

Just to bump this.

I've marked threads as expired in the past, but for the life of me couldn't find it, so I'm guessing its still a problem? I do think its a great idea, because with just a quick glance you can eliminate anything expired.

In regards to:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735867

- Show Printable Version
- Email this Page Email this Page
- Mark this thread as solved Mark this thread as solved
Works fine through the advanced edit:

2013-08-14 12_51_09-Overclockers Forums - Edit Post.png

if im creating a thread i have the options but advance edit i dont.

nutzach.png
prefix.png

No idea then. I waited for the edit timer (5 minutes) to kick in before adding the expired tag to the thread and it had no issues. I even setup my test account exactly the same as yours and still have it. There must be a part of this that I can't see.

For some reason, thread title edits were limited to 4 days. I don't remember why. Now they are limited to 30 days. So within 30 days, you can mark it as expired - otherwise, you'll need a moderator to mark it expired.

We time out edit permissions after a period of time, in order to ensure long term security of content.

For some reason, thread title edits were limited to 4 days. I don't remember why. Now they are limited to 30 days. So within 30 days, you can mark it as expired - otherwise, you'll need a moderator to mark it expired.

We time out edit permissions after a period of time, in order to ensure long term security of content.

I see the thread I was trying to mark was 5-days old.
The option is now there, Thank you!
Thread marked as Expired.

Back