• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Threadstarters - Mark expired deals as [EXPIRED]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
After starting a thread in this subforum, if the deal is dead go into advanced editing on your thread starting post Administrative at the top right of the post, select Edit Post, and select the prefix for [EXPIRED].

This is optional, but anyone who sees anyone not marking their deals as expired has full permission to harass you into submission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you select the prefix? Ive been looking after I goto EDIT > GO ADVANCED.. Theres nothing from what I see?? (Ive looked 3 times, getting frustrated).

Exists for any new thread created in this forum I believe. Its near the top to the left of where you edit the title...

Come to think of it, how old is the thread you are trying to do this on?

I just changed a setting, should be able to edit the title for up to 4 weeks, which should mean you can also change the thread prefix for 4 weeks. Let me know if its not working... May only work for new threads and not old threads btw, would need to test it.

i didnt know until i just seen pinky post here haha

It should be in the Thread Tools menu, just above the first post.

Yes, I did try and it does not have option to mark expired. Only the options I found on thread tools are:
1)printable version
2)E-mail this page &
3)Mark as solved. Which apparently put [SOLVED] not [expired] on thread title.

I manually marked it as expired for you. It is nothing you are doing wrong - it seems we have lost the option to mark them as expired through the thread tools menu. I'll notify the admins.

Not sure what happened there. And forget how it was done before. I will need to look into this - thanks for bringing it up!

And thanks thiddy for making sure I saw this.

Not sure what happened there. And forget how it was done before. I will need to look into this - thanks for bringing it up!

And thanks thiddy for making sure I saw this.

Just to bump this.

I've marked threads as expired in the past, but for the life of me couldn't find it, so I'm guessing its still a problem? I do think its a great idea, because with just a quick glance you can eliminate anything expired.

In regards to:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735867

- Show Printable Version
- Email this Page Email this Page
- Mark this thread as solved Mark this thread as solved

or maybe there could be a way to set it to add [expired] after x amount of days set by thread starter perhaps ?

Back