• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 870A-G54 vcore grayed out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mateo88

I just built a new system with a Phenom II X2 555 BE and an MSI 870A-G54. The extra cores unlocked successfully and even make it into Windows at 3.8 GHz and stock voltage, but the system crashes as soon as Prime95 starts running. The problem is, all the voltage settings in the BIOS are grayed out and set to auto. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change them! The only way to get a different voltage is to enable the OC Genie, but it sets the voltages to ridiculous levels and still won't let me change them as I please. Anyone know what the deal is? I already updated the bios to no avail.

Could you change the vcore before you unlocked the cores, i.e., was that bios item active then? If so, undo the unlock and try changing the vcore before unlocking them again.

Thanks for the replies, but I made a dumb, dumb mistake. I used the +/- keys that are above the letters on the keyboard to try to change the voltages, rather than the +/- keys on the num pad. At least if anyone else makes the same silly mistake they can search it!

If that's the dumbest thing you've done lately you're doing okay. Glad you got it figured out.

Back