• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows pausing/short freezes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi

This is the report
Link to Screenshot

When it restarted it said C was ok.

I was hoping C wasnt and be the problem of all this, but looks like thats ok.

what does the sleep.exe do? didnt do that wasnt sure what its purpose was.

shirl

Last edited:
Sorry this is turning into a long-arse thread :burn:
trying to seek out things to do without reinstalling, rather leave that as a last resort.

Just to say tried another more powerful and better make PSU but still didnt cure it 8(
Also removed IE8 tried IE6 and then IE7 no change.

Shirl

Last edited:
Did you ever update your mobo/chipset drivers?

Your drivers from the CD are old. It is not dangerous updating the drivers for your motherboard.

You should also try the latest driver for your video card - if it fixes the problem, then you know the driver is a problem. You can worry about figuring out how to get your favorite game to work later, or switch back to the old driver if you have to.

Basically, this thread is going to keep getting longer if you don't start by updating the important drivers and seeing if that fixes your problem.

You can waste a lot of time guessing at things or doing stuff like replacing the PSU when nothing indicates its a problem. Starting with the basics, then troubleshooting further is how good troubleshooting is done.

I done the graphics driver to the new one and that makes no difference - just about to look on the website for the motherboard, ill let you know on that.

shirl

Hi

Not sure if its cured yet dont want to speak too soon lol

But it may have been the mouse or mouse driver, usually when it paused like I said everything froze, but this one time tonight it froze but i could still type, put in another mouse and so far soooo good, strange if it was making everything freeze in windows, as when i played this one game that uses a mouse Joint ops it didnt freeze.

Ill post again if it starts again, but it hasnt done it yet and usually it frequent.

thanks great forum learnt things i didnt know on this thread to.

shirl

Oh oh, good suggestion! There was a great article written in 2004 by an idol of mine on overclockers.com about PIO mode:
http://www.overclockers.com/make-pio-go/

Hey, I know the guy that wrote that article. He seems to be a bit of a slacker at times, but all around, he's a good guy.:p

@op, glad to see that you may have it worked out. Sometimes things like this can be a pain to troubleshoot. The best thing to do is just keep at it until you solve the problem.:thup:

Back