• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Overclock intel e2140

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenjilianne

I have 12 pcs. of E2140 1.60ghz Processor and i want to overclock it to at least 2.6ghz how to Overclock it my Bios is not supporting FBS Adjust and Voltage

Specs E2140 1.60 ghz
mobo Conroe 1333-d667
CPU fan - Original Fan of E2140 1.60 ghz

Please help :confused::confused::confused:

I've already set my CPU to 225 in BIOS :clap:
x8
PCIE 100
But after i open game my PC restart :shock:

What do you mean ram? The memory card installed on my mobo? It is 2gigs ram. I am sory, this is my first time to overclock my cpu,

you should realy learn ALOT more about your computer before trying to overclock it...one wrong voltage you could fry your parts...NEVER let me repeat NEVER overclock something you know nothing about....learn to identify your parts their specs...where they are located in your system...and read ALOT about what other people have done with the same or similiar setup's...to find out what setups are similiar will be a bit of a challange for a noobie...but if you put some time and effort into it you will eventualy figure it out...dont EVER rush into overclocking...take baby steps all the way...learn about what you are trying to overclock...overclocking is VERY dangerous you can in worst case scenerios set FIRE to your computer...and electrical fires are very hard to put out....water makes it worse some fire estinguishers make it worse..if your new to this and insist on rushing i highly suggest you be ready to lose your computer and have like 5lbs of flour on hand...overclocking is like running nos in a car...

Last edited:
Um, I think that is a bit overboard.

If you don't screw with voltages, you'd have a hard time breaking anything permanently by overclocking. You could possibly scramble some data on a hard drive, but you'd have a hard time causing physical damage to any of the components by modifying the frequency alone. Usually you'd just bluescreen or fail to boot, then reset bios to defaults.

That said, I agree you should know what you are doing before you just go flipping switches... But actually, if you don't touch voltages, the only thing in real danger is possibly losing some data from a borked hard drive.

You can't set your computer on fire by overclocking either. You might make a little smoke, but actually catching fire is not going to happen. :thup:

i know this imog but it is better to scare him now so he's not tempted to mess with things before he reads up about them...overclocking without knowing what you are doing to some extent is a good way to turn your computer into an expensive paper weight...then you'll get pissed at the people who helped you overclock when its realy your fault...not all methods will that work with 1 computer will work with all computers with the same specs..while i am still kinda a noobie at this i have been at it for bout 10 years and i still dont understand some things...to just jump into it can be fatal for your pc...i've screwed up and lost 2 computers due to overclocking and doing mods before i realy understood what i was doing thankfuly they where cheap computers but still...not dissing you in anyway imog just trying to keep him from doing something stupid....if you wish to overclock still ...k. i can suggest a few links for you via pm if you like..that will help you understand what you are doing but just know you have to take your time and read carefuly and it may take several months before you are ready to actualy try overclocking..

Back