• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer freezing for no apparent reason. >=[

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Younglin

I'll just be on facebook or something and my computer will freeze. No idea why and it is totally sporadic. I can still move my mouse but can't do anything. Sound will continue to work as well. There doesn't seem to be any problem with my system but it keeps freezing.

I'll just be on facebook or something and my computer will freeze. No idea why and it is totally sporadic. I can still move my mouse but can't do anything. Sound will continue to work as well. There doesn't seem to be any problem with my system but it keeps freezing.

Awesome?

But yeh... MORE INFO!

OS? Setup / system config? This occurred after I did what and for how long?

It could be one of a thousand things so help us help you.

adjust your power properties first, to get 1 thing out of the way. stop any hard drive spin-down. just leaves 999 more :)

XP media center edition 32 bit. Like I said it is sporadic. Happens totally randomly. It has only happened 3 or 4 times but when it does I have to restart the comp. Started like 2 weeks ago.

XP media center edition 32 bit. Like I said it is sporadic. Happens totally randomly. It has only happened 3 or 4 times but when it does I have to restart the comp. Started like 2 weeks ago.

Mobo? Ram? GFX? HDD? Add-in cards ie PCI Wireless?

Did you update any drivers 2 weeks ago or install anything new?

Mobo? Ram? GFX? HDD? Add-in cards ie PCI Wireless?

Did you update any drivers 2 weeks ago or install anything new?

Intel pentium 4 3.2 Ghz on an HP board with 2 Gb of kingston ram ( no idea what kind got it for free) a HIS 5750 OC 910/1265. I have a wireless card but don't use it. I got this system like a year ago for free. Threw in a 5750 and 2Gb of ram my uncle had lying around and now its my browsing/media comp. Haven't upgraded or changed anything. Hence why I said it was random.

Back