• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5770 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bakercake

Well I just got the card I installed it then turned on my computer and notice these things.

1. A buzzing noise coming from the gpu. The noise is just right above my 4 fans(Yate loons) running at low rpm(around 1,200rpm). Is this normal?

2. I'm unable to control my fan speed. I tried reinstalling the driver and CCC but no luck.

3. When I installed CCC I saw that my gpu was underclocked to 790/960.

I have a feeling that my gpu isn't running correctly. Any help? Thanks.

Edit: Monitor is a Acer LCD 1600X900 20in

Last edited:
two things:

first rule of thumb, when installing a new vid card, you must remove all old driver files via driver cleaner: download and install driver cleaner. while logged in windows uninstall drivers from computer, restart and boot in safe mode. once in safemode run driver cleaner and remove all old ati/nvidea driver files out. run the scanner twice to be sure you got all of it, restart computer normally. then install a freshly downloaded copy of the newest drivers (in your case ati drivers + ccc). let computer finish install and reboot. if you do all of that and it still doesnt fix your issue then i would say rma the card.

second thing is, ccc down clocks your video card while its in 2D mode ie. windows desktop, watching movies,surfing web etc..does this as a power saving feature. when you run any 3D programs it clocks back up to normal. i run my 5770 at 900/1310 and fan set to auto when in 2d mode. when i want to play a game i change profile over to gaming and card runs at 940/1380 and fan set to %75.

while in 2D mode my card down clocks to 400/1310

I did your suggestion, but with guru driver sweep jtracc and now CCC won't install. I done 2 restarts and 1 shutdown still won't appear when I right click and it's not in my program files.

I did your suggestion, but with guru driver sweep jtracc and now CCC won't install. I done 2 restarts and 1 shutdown still won't appear when I right click and it's not in my program files.

are you sure you installed the full driver + ccc? or just drivers. make sure you downloaded the right ones. if you did install the right ones, then try it one more time. make sure you uninstall everything and run driver cleaner in safemode. try it again. if that still doesnt work, then i am not too sure. never seen this before.

are you sure you installed the full driver + ccc? or just drivers. make sure you downloaded the right ones. if you did install the right ones, then try it one more time. make sure you uninstall everything and run driver cleaner in safemode. try it again. if that still doesnt work, then i am not too sure. never seen this before.

Driver cleaner isn't free and I don't trust the sites that say they have it. So I picked up driver sweeper from guru3d and it seems to cause more problems. Any other driver removal program that are great?

Driver cleaner isn't free and I don't trust the sites that say they have it. So I picked up driver sweeper from guru3d and it seems to cause more problems. Any other driver removal program that are great?

actually i used driver sweeper as well. had no issues. i dont think driver sweeper is your issue. anyone else ever see this problem before? have you tried reinstalling again for the third time? this happened to my cousin. i installed the package deal driver + ccc and ccc didnt work for him either. i uninstalled everything and reinstalled and it started to work.

actually i used driver sweeper as well. had no issues. i dont think driver sweeper is your issue. anyone else ever see this problem before? have you tried reinstalling again for the third time? this happened to my cousin. i installed the package deal driver + ccc and ccc didnt work for him either. i uninstalled everything and reinstalled and it started to work.

Well I tried it again,but everytime I do this it seems to be the same. CCC is now up and working but I still can't control the fan speed. Also I forgot to mention this for some odd reason overdrive says I unlocked it a month ago on the 3rd.... I only had this 5770 for almost 48 hours.... I'm starting to point to RMA but I want to make sure it's the card and not any other stuff.

can u control the clock speeds? and did u check off the manual fan control box?

!! To guarantee consistency, you must always reformat and reinstall Windows when changing video cards.

Because Microsoft makes it almost impossible to clean out leftovers when you had another video card before and once you installed the drivers for a video card of another GPU manufacturer.

You may find that DirectX is borked if you continue without reinstalling. Sorry. :(

I never have had to re-install Windows because a card upgrade I have just used driver cleaner or in the past removed the card then have rebooted into safe mode. I've just deleted the folder containing the drivers and removed anything else related like reg entires I have never had an issue afterwards.

But driver cleaner is just simple I wouldn't recommend doing what USED to do.

I never have had to re-install Windows because a card upgrade I have just used driver cleaner or in the past removed the card then have rebooted into safe mode. I've just deleted the folder containing the drivers and removed anything else related like reg entires I have never had an issue afterwards.

But driver cleaner is just simple I wouldn't recommend doing what USED to do.

ya reinstalling your os is a BIG waste of time. i have never had to do that nor have i ever seen that done for a video card install....sorry:rofl:

Back