• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vertex 2 Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sweetlew

Just wondering if there is anything that I can do to get my initial performance back up on my SSD? I am pretty sure TRIM is set up correctly. I upgraded the firmware as well. The first test is from 7/4 while the latest is from 9/29. In attempts to maximize my speed I somehow managed to go from a SCSI device on the left to an ATA device on the right. I feel I may have done something that I shouldn't have but am at a loss as to how to get back to where I once was. Thanks for any help you all may have.

Specs:
MOBO: EVGA 780i FTW
CPU: C2D e8500
RAM: 4GB

Attachments

• as-ssd-bench OCZ-VERT EX2 SCS 7.4.2010 1-34-05 PM.png
    as-ssd-bench OCZ-VERT EX2 SCS 7.4.2010 1-34-05 PM.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 155
  • as-ssd-bench OCZ-VERTEX2 ATA  9.29.2010 9-54-30 PM.png
    as-ssd-bench OCZ-VERTEX2 ATA 9.29.2010 9-54-30 PM.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Thanks for the help! However, after a bit of looking I don't believe my mobo supports AHCI mode since its a NVIDIA. Does that sound correct? If that is the case I may be out of luck until I get a new MOBO I guess. What I don't understand is the SCSI/ATA change but that is a different story I guess.

I have no idea but didnt think it was platform dependent. You can only try the instructions I linked.

You dont see those options in your bios to enable it?

Back