• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendation for a good wireless mouse and keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulwatch5

Alright I'm looking for a new wireless keyboard and mouse setup but not too sure what to get. Not too familiar with which brands are good for wireless setups. I've had my saitek keyboard for awhile now and love it but dont think they make any wireless keyboards. I do a lot of gaming and know wireless can create some lag so was just wondering what is a good high quality brand i should look into.

The main reason I want a wireless setup is because other then gaming I use my computer as an entertainment center and want to be able to change a song that is playing from across the room and not have to stop reading or whatever i'm doing at the moment just to change a song.

Dunno about keyboards, but I've got one of those Logitech MX 'anywhere' (?) mice with the darkfield laser. It's the travel/portable version, but it's awesome and the tracking is dead on. They do, however, have a larger desktop version.

for gaming.. imo, I wouldn't go with wireless. Wireless setups can lag due to the data transfer and unless its the rechargable type you will change out batteries monthly if you use it a ton

Bluetooth might be an option, but I haven't looked into it.. i stick with the trusty old wired versions..

for gaming.. imo, I wouldn't go with wireless. Wireless setups can lag due to the data transfer and unless its the rechargable type you will change out batteries monthly if you use it a ton

Bluetooth might be an option, but I haven't looked into it.. i stick with the trusty old wired versions..

I'd argue that point. While that was valid at one point years ago, I've gamed on wireless keyboard/mouse for some time, and lag is non existent.

I have to agree with psionic. Now granted I haven't used wireless in a couple years now, so call me prejudiced, but I'll stick with having my messy wires. I pretty much don't even look at wireless

I love my wireless mouse and yes i have ran both setups and i still run with a wireless mouse .. It does lagg sometimes but it also helps with your skill because you have to learn how to do thing quicker to compensate for lag...

I've gamed with wireless, it's pretty damn good, IMHO. Other than the 'idle' timeout for some mice, I wouldn't disregard it as a viable option. Especially the ones that you can re-charge via a dock based system.

Back