• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opera Preloader

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zzzzzzzzzz

Is there a preloader for the Opera Web browser? If so, what is it and/or where can such a preloader be found?

The "preloader" is software to load components into memory so that apparent startup of an application may occur more quickly.

I note that a least one preloader software exists for Mozilla Firefox. An example of such is "Firefox Preloader" and is described and available for download at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffpreloader/

What about placing the browser shortcut in the Starup folder?

Every time you turn on the machine it would go to Opera.

firefox preloader has been abandoned... but it still works just fine even on windows 7 (i use it on my netbook as the 8gb ssd is slow and keeping the core files loaded to ram makes ff start instant quick) only caveat is that you have to shutdown the preloader in order to do updates properly... which isnt a big deal at all.

Unfortunately i dont see such a thing for opera... what OS are you running? if windows 7 it should precache commonly used programs.

Back