• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Corsair Hydro Series H50: Is It High-End Air?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Exactly - and we've seen people either bragging about water cooling (I dislike those guys). Those are the people that just jump in without doing any research. :-/

The people that actually do just a little reading (like mudd's article here) are aware of what they're getting and, as you've pointed out, this leads a few on into full custom loops. More is always better for us because it keeps prices down and innovation alive ... :)

I kinda sorta have to disagree with this. Only so much as to say that quite a few people who have the h50/h70 were looking for an easy starter kit for "water cooling." This unit comes very highly recommended by many people as a good starter. Maybe not here, but it does get passed around quite a bit.

So I don't think it's that they aren't reading, it's that they aren't reading what you want them to read. :D

I kinda sorta have to disagree with this. Only so much as to say that quite a few people who have the h50/h70 were looking for an easy starter kit for "water cooling." This unit comes very highly recommended by many people as a good starter. Maybe not here, but it does get passed around quite a bit.

So I don't think it's that they aren't reading, it's that they aren't reading what you want them to read. :D
If you mean "what I want them to read" as in an unbiased review and/or comparison then you're right - that's what I want them to read.

If you're talking about the second part of my post, though, then I must have worded it badly because I (think I) agree with you. The H50 is a great unit for what it is and because of it's good points it does lead some people into full, custom loops - which I think is a great! :) I've looked at several posts (other forums) where people are tinkering with their H50, nothing wrong with that at all. In case you don't know, I'm ALL for DIY and experimentation - in fact, I'm notorious for it - just ask a few of the WC guys ... ;)

... HC's without barbs, thank you! :p ... and copper T-lines (no barbs either) ... and a room air purifier instead of computer fans (my first loop and eventually to be my next loop). But you're right, to some extent. I am Joe Average using good, solid pumps and off-the-shelf blocks ... ;)

... HC's without barbs, thank you! :p ... and copper T-lines (no barbs either) ... and a room air purifier instead of computer fans (my first loop and eventually to be my next loop). But you're right, to some extent. I am Joe Average using good, solid pumps and off-the-shelf blocks ... ;)

you do get mentioned any time there's talk of heatercores though :D

Very nice indeed, I have been wondering how the H50 stacked up against the 'usual selection' for air cooling. This definitely has pushed me further into wanting to pick one up for at least my main rig. My case has become too tight a fit for the large cooler I have in there. :thup: for muddocktor

Hold off a little bit before you buy, pik4chu. When I get in from the rig I will be testing the H70 and if it pans out it might be a better fit for you than an H50 and buying upgraded fans, which will probably drive the price on the H50 up to close to the H70 pricing.

Hold off a little bit before you buy, pik4chu. When I get in from the rig I will be testing the H70 and if it pans out it might be a better fit for you than an H50 and buying upgraded fans, which will probably drive the price on the H50 up to close to the H70 pricing.

hmm good point, not in any rush anyways, still working on the storage server. Though cant figure out what is suddenly wrong with it.

Back