• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Small issue with Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyMc

I installed GPU-Z last night and noticed the PCI E 2.0 X16 is reading "PCI E 2.0 X16 @ X8"
I have the VGA card in the 2nd (blue) PCI E slot and the dummy card in the 1st (grey) PCI E slot so it should be running at X16.
Anyone with this mobo seeing the same thing? Is GPU-Z just reading it wrong and is there another program I can download to test it?:shrug:

Not according to the manual it should be x16 I downloaded and read the manual and how he has it should be correct for single card x16 operation.

Not according to the manual it should be x16 I downloaded and read the manual and how he has it should be correct for single card x16 operation.

Exactly. On this particular board you have to install the VGA card in the 2nd(blue) PCIe slot and install the dummy card, Asus provides, in the 1st(grey) to get x16.

It's been some time since I tinkered with this mobo, must have remembered it the other way around. Just downloaded the manual again and you guys are indeed right.

Guess the next step is to try to clean the contacts of the video card, I get this issue occ. if the contacts aren't fully clean.

Good luck.

Hi there...i saw this post and was wondering if you have solved the problem just by simply remove and plug the dummy card.

I have a mobo same as yours and a Asus HD 6870 DirectCU but i couldnt get to put it at x16...:(

I have already put thevga card on the blue slot, on the withe slot but cpuz allways show me that it is at x8...

Can anyone give a tip?

Here it is the print of cpuz and gpuz

Thks in advance

Last edited:
Back