• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is this board so expensive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

I was looking thru the classies, and saw a giga ud9 for sale for 525, I dam near choked when I saw that. I checked it out on newegg, and the thing lists for 650!

650!!!!

WHY?

How can a motherboard be worth that much money, I mean cmon! Its a motherboard! I have a giga, and really.. I dont think its very good.. I understand we are talking 2 completely different boards..

I think now that overclocking has become sooo mainstream, manufacturers are rapeing us all.

650 for a mobo! LOL

Pardon my ignorance, I am now makeing my way back into the scene, Im not familiar with anything new :)

One of the few boards that can run 4 GPUs at 16x, massive power setup for extreme overclocking. Completely worthless for an everyday gamer, absolutely invaluable for a bencher looking to break a world 3D record.

Thanks!

Thats exactly what I needed to hear :)

So this is the bada** board to have these days eh?

So Asus is done for these days?

I was such an Asus fanboy, I have no loyaltys now tho heheh.

Hm.

So Asus is done for these days?

Doubt it.. They have the Rampage III and now came out with the Rampage III Extreme... And also have the P6T7 WS

That GB seems like a monster though.... Way overkill for regular gamers... And I wonder if taking that thing under LN2 and risking killing it would be a smart thing given the price.

That's what it's designed for, to not put it under LN2 is a waste. It's built, voltage wise, for withstanding that sort of thing.

Back