• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

admin priveleges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iskatefast

Registered
I'm trying to check TRIM.
When I try to run FSUTIL, i get: "The FSUTIL requires that yo uhave administrative privileges." ????
I am set up as the administrator....:argue:

There's a difference between the built-in hidden and disabled Administrator account, and the default account that's automatically created during Setup which gives you administrative rights. The built-in Administrator account has full access and permissions on the computer, and won't be prompted by UAC. If for whatever reason you want to enable the Administrator account, type the following from an elevated command prompt...

net user administrator /active:yes

... then just log off, and you'll see the built-in Administrator account log on icon added to the log on screen. And to disable it, type:

net user administrator /active:no

I started using double commander because of admin privilege issues in win 7. Weird because the last couple times I installed win7, it I do not remember having that problem and I always disable uac first thing. I installed the 0.4.6 alpha over the std version and then had to use hstart to get rid of the console window. It works awesome in windows but does have problems when moving huge sets of files I've noticed but it does work. It uses TC plugins and is a free clone if you will. Works in linux too. But thankfully all the stupid admin problems have vanished. FreeCommander gave me way too many admin issues and doesn't remember it's window setting under sharpeshell.

Last edited:
Back