• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Self-study for Network+ cert.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah there was a couple NAT trick questions. It will certainly serve you good to know NAT like the back of your hand. That was actually the area I did poorly on. Basically, study everything; you'll be asked everything hehe

Good to know that. I am taking ICND1 just after the new year. Gotta get my last CompTIAs before 2011. A+ finishes up next week, and I have to decide if I want to get one more.

Anyone recommend a good and semi-easy CompTIA cert? I have Net+, Sec+ and will have A+ next week. Was looking at Server+, but not sure.

Good to know that. I am taking ICND1 just after the new year. Gotta get my last CompTIAs before 2011. A+ finishes up next week, and I have to decide if I want to get one more.

Anyone recommend a good and semi-easy CompTIA cert? I have Net+, Sec+ and will have A+ next week. Was looking at Server+, but not sure.

You have the 3 most popular. I think Server+ is getting less popular as virtualization is very mainstream now.

Yeah I wouldn't waste any more time/money on any other CompTIA certs. I definitely recommend getting at least your CCENT; it's a very easy cert and it has some weight considering it's Cisco.

As the OP, I thought that I'd update my status. My son and I both took the exam this Tuesday and passed. It was more difficult than I thought it would be but we did it. Thank you to everyone for their input. It was helpful.

Don.

As the OP, I thought that I'd update my status. My son and I both took the exam this Tuesday and passed. It was more difficult than I thought it would be but we did it. Thank you to everyone for their input. It was helpful.

Don.

Congrats to you and your son! :beer: Will you be working on anything else by year end?

Plan to start the Security+. Unfortunately the book I had was too old so I will order a new one.

Plan to start the Security+. Unfortunately the book I had was too old so I will order a new one.

Darril Gibson's Security+ Study guide comes highly recommended. Can be bought from Amazon and is known to be all you need to pass. Im on the last three chapters and its been a smooth read so far.

Back