• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Housing your SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burner127

I am currently using two of these:

SYBA CL-HD-MRDU25S Mobile Rack for 2.5" SATA

Google if you need a better description

to hold my 2 x Mushkin Callistos and 2 x 80GB Intels.

I am just wondering what everyone else uses...........

Does anyone see issues with using the mobile rack? Or a better question is, do you see an issue in terms of performance/connectivity using this rather than directly connecting power and data cables?

Last edited:
bad link for me.....

I dont use anything. They mount just fine to my cages in the first place.

My SSDs, along with my other 2.5" drives, are sitting under a small ESD bag, and then sitting on whatever available spot is open within the case. :shrug: It's good enough as long as the boxes aren't mobile. :D

you think it is better to have them directly connected to data/power cables than to a mobile rack?
I dont think its better or worse. Its not that type of situation really. Its a preference as performance, depending on the the connection from teh rack to the system, would be the same.

Screw your SSD in. Even if its in a 3.5" or 5.25" bay, you can put two screws into one side which is MORE THAN ENOUGH to hold a small/light SSD.

Back