• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What New Video Card to buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doubledragon5

Registered
Right now I have a XFX 9800 GTX + 768MB card in my computer.. I got it about 1yr ago from my father inlaw who now has passed away.. Problem is this card to me is to big, and want to get a smaller card.. Question is what to buy, that will give the same or about the same performance as this one. Mb is a Lanparty UT nf4 Sli-D. Thanks

Card is to long, and interferes with the ability to add more hard drives, as it cover most of the sata ports.. In my current case Antec 900 I'm unable to add a second card without having to move the card to the top video slot. That can't be done as the card sits on top of the chipset fan...

OK measure and tell us how much shorter it needs to be and I'll have a look

Right but how long is your current card so we can find something shorter?

Measures 11 inches long. I once had a EVGA 7900 GT but sold it when this one was given to me.. Kind of wished I had kept it.. That one was originally installed in my ASUS board that died..

A lot of the decent mid-range GPUs will be about 9-10 inches long. Anything smaller is not that great of a gaming card.

But if you don't need gaming, then look into the small GT430 nVidia series GPU, or 54xx AMD series.

*edit* it actually looks like a lot of mid-range cards (GT460) are less than 9 inches...

Last edited:
Back