• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ip camera surveillance software ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

I recently came into a nice IP camera surveillance setup 4 cameras, monitor and DVR and got everything working nice and it has a lan output so I hooked her up and can access the camera from my pc via IP but I'm looking for some good software to use rather than just IE to view it with, does anyone know a good program for view and or capture the camera stream with?

Ive spent the night trying our all sorts of programs but cant find a good program as of yet.

Thanks
Rob

Total Recorder works quite well with livecams over the net. One ip at a time though unless you can get it to open more than once. I'm not sure as I don't have it installed atm. I use it for internet radio streams mostly. It opens a separate window from it's gui when streaming a livecam.

Last edited:
I've used WME (windows media encoder) before, as weird as that sounds. Granted, it wasn't for an IP camera, and it was only one source at a time, but you might be able to make it work.

Either way, good luck :)

ok off to check out your guys recommendations.... I found a good one in Bule Iris but its a costly program to get a full version. I just got a trail now.

Let us know what worked out for you and what didn't. I'd like to tinker with my ol' webcam again, and would like to know what you ended up with. :)

You might want to take a look at zoneminder. It has been a while since I've used it, but it was half way decent about a year ago.

Back