• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W7 update error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bakercake

Well today I tried to update but I keep getting this error.

w7u.png

I searched on google and possible fixes were setting your clock and calender to it's correct time and date, registry edits, and suspicious download links. I've set my time and date and no luck. I don't feel comfortable messing with my registry unless it's needed. Any idea what might be causing this?

I couldn't do it manually because I couldn't do step 1. I ran the fix it for me program(default & aggressive) no luck. :shrug: I also defrag and clean my registry hoping it would do something.

Type cmd in the Start Search field | Right click cmd.exe (under Programs), and select Run as administrator | At the prompt type net stop wuauserv, and hit ENTER (keep the command prompt open). Open Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | 'View' tab | Select 'Show hidden files and folders', then delete or rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder. Type net start wuauserv at the administrative command prompt, hit ENTER, then try Windows Update again.

Type cmd in the Start Search field | Right click cmd.exe (under Programs), and select Run as administrator | At the prompt type net stop wuauserv, and hit ENTER (keep the command prompt open). Open Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | 'View' tab | Select 'Show hidden files and folders', then delete or rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder. Type net start wuauserv at the administrative command prompt, hit ENTER, then try Windows Update again.

Didn't work =/

I disabled my AV(kaspersky) and it worked. Now I can't install my gpu driver but I already have it installed so no worries. Thanks for the help Jmtyra and redduc900.

Back