• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 6xxx Speculation Specs REVISED Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigTerminator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...g_units#Northern_Islands_.28HD_7xxx.29_series
Well not long ago I displayed what Wikipedia said would be the NEW 6xxx generation cards specs. Well it was wrong and they revised their information. Again, tell me what you think, does it look true?
If so would you pick one up or wait till the 5xxx cards drop in price?
How soon do you think Nvidia will release something to combat ATI?
Do you like the naming scheme, I know I don't?

Attachments

• ATI 6xxx.jpg
    ATI 6xxx.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 562
Wow they just update the specs again a couple hours ago.
It does seem a little more realistic especially with the TDP and pricing.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 558
Why would the 6990 run 2x256bit buss' though when the 6970 runs 1x384 (same with 6950). Generally, the x2 card has the same specs just slower clocks than the top end card (6970 in this case). They arent even coming close to doubling the bandwidth on the 6990 making it quite possibly the worst buy on that list.

To boot, the core config is going to be the same as the undercard to the 69xx cards? No...... Its like they doubled the specs - a little of the 6870 (currently 5770). Not happening atleast I hope not.

Just my thoughts of course :)

Well buy the looks of the chart which probably isn't true, the second chart 6990 looks to be two 6870's but not two 6970's. I hope this isn't true :)

Cant be true. Who would pay almost twice as much for a 6990 when you could get 2x6950 that would smoke it..

Maybe some of the specs might be on, but I dunno. First it was 512bit buss, now 384bit. People are right in itll probably end up 256bit unfortunately.

If the speed specs are close though, they would be quite good upgrades from the 5xxx series all around.

The wikipedia charts are guesswork, I don't believe any of 'em, at all.

The wikipedia charts are guesswork, I don't believe any of 'em, at all.

This.

It's amazing that in reality we have no clue as to the hardware specs whatsoever. At this moment in time I'm just interested in AMD's strategy:

Have they gone with a new architecture and pushed 40nm to its limits to beat Nvidia at every price point and every benchmark whilst they still have momentum?

Or have they simply improved on the 5000 series, using the more mature 40nm process to make smaller, more efficient chips to offer a marginal increase in price : performance ratio than the cards they're replacing?

:comp:

Last edited:
I feel like this will be what Nvidia had with the 8800's and the 9800's. They had though a 10nm decrease in size but really just was cooler, less power consumption and a little faster but no big improvements. Here, I feel it will be the similar. They might add a couple more stream processors and ROP's with higher GPU clocks but not as major as was 3870 to 4870 and 4870 to 5870. I'm just hoping prices come down so I can get something real good.

It's worth mentioning that wikipedia is edited by... well, anyone. So there's no guarantee that this is anywhere close to the real specs. The only sources cited for the 6000 series chart is the leaked slide we saw a few weeks ago. Anandtech just put up a preliminary article on the two cards they got from AMD, so I'm sure we'll get real answers in a few days' time.

Not bad, but needs to come down a bit IMO.

At first I was thinking that's a bit high. Then someone brought up that it is an Eyefinity edition, it could possible be a overclocked version also. So right now, I will be neutral on if they are gouging or not.

At first I was thinking that's a bit high. Then someone brought up that it is an Eyefinity edition, it could possible be a overclocked version also. So right now, I will be neutral on if they are gouging or not.

Good point. :)

The Amazon deal now shows up as a 404 error, could of been someone making an oops and posting it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...g_units#Northern_Islands_.28HD_7xxx.29_series
Well not long ago I displayed what Wikipedia said would be the NEW 6xxx generation cards specs. Well it was wrong and they revised their information. Again, tell me what you think, does it look true?
If so would you pick one up or wait till the 5xxx cards drop in price?
How soon do you think Nvidia will release something to combat ATI?
Do you like the naming scheme, I know I don't?

Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information, i have read some articles about some issues about france and they were competely biased to other sides:temper:, not to menstion other completely wrong misleading information :rain:, sorry for getting out of the main post issue || here is what i found on wikipedia now

6xxx.png

so you see here its now changed if not someone have changed it using paint

but what is strange is that the 5770 ~= 6870 and 5870~=6970 and 5970~=6990 but still no equivalent to 5970 «4 Go» the one that cost €1000

why change model No?

Back