• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Official AMD Radeon HD 6850/6870 Performance Specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is why I love my 5870... It still does not fall into middle class with performance. I'll stick with my old idea, get another one 5870 for CF and enjoy that for 2011.

I dunno, 5870 is still worth something now if you were to sell and upgrade in the near future. I've heard people saying in response to the reviews that these new cards are scaling better in crossfire too, but I haven't looked that close at CF testing first hand. May be something you want to consider looking into.

A lot of people go CF to drag out the longevity of their cards tho, so your plan may be good. But once they aren't that great anymore as they get older, they really won't have any value on the secondary market. Its a game of give and take any way you look at it I guess.

I dunno, 5870 is still worth something now if you were to sell and upgrade in the near future. I've heard people saying in response to the reviews that these new cards are scaling better in crossfire too, but I haven't looked that close at CF testing first hand. May be something you want to consider looking into.

A lot of people go CF to drag out the longevity of their cards tho, so your plan may be good. But once they aren't that great anymore as they get older, they really won't have any value on the secondary market. Its a game of give and take any way you look at it I guess.

+1 :thup:

Always consider the quick trade up to a better single card solution. Especially if you have a decent extra card on the side that can hold you over if you need to sell first before upgrading.

Back