• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP! New Hardware broken!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nelson12

Registered
NEED HELP!

I have a 1000W power supply. I have a water cooling build with only ONE GTX 480 and I have owned my computer for about 4 months and it has had no problems. I built the system myself.

Yesterday my computer would not turn on. From some troubleshooting I identified the problem to this.

My motherboard and PSU will turn on if I unplug my 6 pin power from either my PSU and or my graphics card. I have not had ANY problems before. I have not spilled anything or did anything with my software. I did NOT overclock or anything else that would have caused an issue. I have always shut my computer down correctly and Have taken care of my hardware. I do not know what has caused this issue and I am worried my Graphics card itslef has not shorted out or broke somehow.

If anyone had had the same issue please help me out before I go thought the process of trying to obtain an NEW GTX 480.

Hey Nelson -- what is your full specs, please?

Also, do you have an alternative video card or integrated video that you can try as a troubleshooting step?

Back