• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 SP1 Officially Out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Both Win7 and Server 2008R2 Service Packs just got on MSDN. The are already integrated or you can get the stand alone SP

i dont have direct access to MSDN.... but i do have access to MSDNAA through my school.... tho it doesnt look like they have updated MSDNAA :cry:

I'm sure it will show up eventually. Win7 wasn't on MSDNAA right away either. MSDNAA probably isn't their highest priority...

I would guess the uknown amount of time doesn't make it worth putting off an install though.

I'm sure it will show up eventually. Win7 wasn't on MSDNAA right away either. MSDNAA probably isn't their highest priority...

I would guess the uknown amount of time doesn't make it worth putting off an install though.

i know.... this ssd sitting here, looking at me with a sad puppy dog face is killing me!

btw, how does one check the hash code of an iso?

Just got it from technet :)
Going to format my pc later today and install it

File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_618240.iso
Date Published (UTC): 2/16/2011 8:50:21 AM
SHA1: 1693B6CB50B90D96FC3C04E4329604FEBA88CD51
ISO/CRC: 8589EE18

i know.... this ssd sitting here, looking at me with a sad puppy dog face is killing me!

btw, how does one check the hash code of an iso?

hashtab is what i use

Last edited:
Not listed on my MSDNAA account either, but then again i don't have access to Windows 7 anymore through it either..

Gonna stay Vague for a reason.

Edited: RT

Last edited by a moderator:
Not listed on my MSDNAA account either, but then again i don't have access to Windows 7 anymore through it either..

Edited: RT

Nope. Its against Microsoft's terms to distribute the OS outside of authorized channels and therefor its also against our forum rules to ask for/discuss.

SP1 will be publicly available in less than a week, just sit tight and then make yourself a slipstreamed version.

Last edited by a moderator:

If someone makes me a Windows 7 Pro with SP1 integrated. sends me the ISO then i use my key to install, its that ok to do?

Joedy,

Hopefully your request is only hypothetical:

Overclockers Forums prohibit the promotion of, and reference to, any program or website which contains or distributes Warez, Crackz, and pirated copyrighted material, including but not limited to music and video. Discussion of Warez, crackz, and pirated copyrighted material is not permitted in this forum. Any offer to provide or request to receive warez, crackz, and bootleg material will be deleted without notice and the offender will be warned.

RT

Sunuvab*tch!!

I update to SP1 a few days ago no problems at that time. Today I'm missing more than half of my proggies on my programs drive! I reboot and now more than 1/2 of my desktop icons are screwy. Not to mention when I click on an icon for that prog, the prog is missing from my drive. Not even a week and my system is borked.

I tried a system restore to no avail. I'm forced to format and do a complete OS/programs install :mad:

Something went horribly wrong, huh?

Don't forget to image your OS partition next time before you do driver/windows updates.

Yeah :( Next time I'll do an image for the OS/Programs to save me time. I haven't done it in a while thinking I wouldn't have to. Real smart on my part :bang head

On my back-up rig for the time being as I redo/undo this mess :eek:

I checked that. All 4 of my drives are working correctly. Both my SSD's and both my mechanical 500's.

I also scanned for viruses/malware and it's all clean.

My 1½ year old Win7 pro x64 went south after the last batch of security updates a couple of weeks ago + IE9 RC. SP1 didn't make it worse, but it couldn't fix it either.

I ended up doing a formatted fresh install + a post install of sp1 after that.

Working good so far [crosses fingers] Backed up the image this time ;)

*Update*

Well a clean OS reinstall on my raided SSD's and checking my programs drive, my dam programs are gone poof. I have no clue wtf happend, but it's all gone :mad:

Seems my efforts were a waste of time and energy :rolleyes: There is no type of language that can describe how pissed the F-off I am right now :bang head

I've pretty much had it with windows. Time to learn a new os.

*Update*

Well a clean OS reinstall on my raided SSD's and checking my programs drive, my dam programs are gone poof. I have no clue wtf happend, but it's all gone :mad:

Seems my efforts were a waste of time and energy :rolleyes: There is no type of language that can describe how pissed the F-off I am right now :bang head

I've pretty much had it with windows. Time to learn a new os.

do you have the programs on a separate mechanical hdd?

i wouldnt be so quick to call it win 7 sp1 fault... it sounds like theres a bigger issue at hand here.

Note - intalled win 7 sp1 (from a legit sp1 iso) on my new ssd, ahh things are so nice!!!

do you have the programs on a separate mechanical hdd?

i wouldnt be so quick to call it win 7 sp1 fault... it sounds like theres a bigger issue at hand here.

Note - intalled win 7 sp1 (from a legit sp1 iso) on my new ssd, ahh things are so nice!!!

Nice :) As I stated before, I tested all my drives and not 1 single issue. My drives are not failing. Everything was running normal up until I updated with SP1.

Even after format of my SSD's and reinstalling win7 my game drive works normally, it's my proggies & games that have disappeared from the drive.

I will NOT update to SP1 this time. I'm gonna run my OS as is and try another OS and dump the cursed MS crap. I should have listen to some ppl back when they said windows is a POS OS. I said Nahh, it's cool I like it. They warned me and I didn't listen. This is the last nail in the coffin. I'm done.

Can your backup system see the drive at all? If so what does it see?

There are many apps that can save your data as long as the drive is good and the OS didn't write over it. Once I deleted a partition and then formatted over it. Oops I forgot to save my photographs :cry:

R-Studio found 'em and saved the day :thup:

It's not free or shareware, but it was worth every penny of that $80 I spent for it. If the free demo finds your files, then you just pay for the key and copy 'em over to another drive.

Just be sure not to write anything to that drive or it will overwrite stuff.

Back up system sees the drive, but no programs/games. It's like they were never installed on the drive :confused:

No problems about reinstalling programs/games, it's the pain in the *** I go thru doing it all over again.

Back