• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gts 512 in AGI slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overshot

Registered
Hello!

I have upgraded my old motherboard to Asrock 775i945gz. And it has some AGI Express slot, And i dont really know what it is, Here is a pic of my motherboard :

http://www.asrock.com/mb/photo/775i945GZ(m).jpg

On the motherboard it says PCI-e. But in here it says AGI Express slot.

Will it be compatible if i put 8800gts 512mb in there?

I dont really care much about Bottleneck, It will be way better than my onboard video so... i was thinking about this upgrade.

And another question : This motherboard doesnt show 8800gts in the Supported VGA list. Will it run?

Edward Stark.

You have a PCI-E 4x slot. I'm guessing the AGI Express is just a branding?

The performance lost from 16x to 8x isn't that large and going down to 4x won't give you a massive loss but it will be noticeable.

As far as I know the 8800gts "should" work but I can't guarantee anything. it will be a LOT better than any onboard chip though!
If the 8800gts will work in an x4 slot then it'll work like a charm. It's the same size as a 16x so fitting it shouldn't be a problem!

Thank you dear mate!
I will try it out and update this topic. Buying a 8800gts 512 Tomorrow!

Best Regards,
Edward Stark

"AGI" probably means something along the lines of 'advanced graphics interface.' In other words, something about it might not fully fit the PCIe spec... it's intended to work with graphics cards, but not necessarily with other PCIe cards.

But those Asrock boards can be a little dodgy with 'unsupported' video cards. That particular one shouldn't give you much trouble, but you never know. Even in the worst case, though, new s775 mATX boards are pretty cheap anymore.

Well, I already bought the GTS and it didnt work, Because this AGI has only 4 power pins or something, The GTS requires 6. So i will have to get a better Motherboard ;)

Thank you mate :)

Now it works! :D
Thank you!

What an idiot i am.

Thats the GPU i use now Click here. Same excact one.

Last edited:
O no, why people buy motherboards with integrated intel chips for gaming... Man this is so wrong and dumb..

945G is the lowest and cheapest office system one can get, besides it is micro-atx and Asrock... Does not get any worse. Nuff said... Inserting 8800GTS on it sounds so retarded. You can expect to see a BSOD one day. Games don't like mixing external VGA with internal GPU, if it is not the same type (personal experience and a warning)..

Did you say Asrock 945G was an upgrade? LOL, if so, than what was the motherboard before? Via KT233A? Jeezuz....

Why did not you just get a Gigabyte EP35-DS3 somewhere from scrap market - the standart cheap gaming classic of all time? It would be 100X better that you POS Asrock...

Last edited:
Inserting 8800GTS on it sounds so retarded.

As does making uninformed statements like yours.

The 945 is a solid chipset, and the IGP can be disabled. Even if you don't disable the IGP (which I believe is an option on that Asrock board, and probably the reason they used the 4x lanes from the southbridge rather than the 16 from the northbridge), it can coexist just fine with an addon card for running multiple monitors or whatnot. It's really no different from running two different add-in cards, which many people have been doing for quite a long time with just fine results.

No, that's not the best gaming motherboard. But it'll work.

Ohh no worries guys, I will upgrade my system, But i cant buy everything at once, I can afford something per month xD, So i decided to buy something that will give me the best performance.

Next plans : Motherboard "I dont know wich one but i will think".
Q6600 G0 stepping CPU, And some 2 GB ram 1066 or 800 :)

So thank you guys for your help, It did work and it didnt BSOD me :D

Edward Stark

Back