• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cleaning can bring back memories

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I was doing some re-arranging in the garage when I noticed a white box in pristine condition and when I turned it over, I found it was PC DOS 6.3!

PC DOS was IBM's implementation of Dos and very similar to MS DOS 6.2.
Now I have an excuse to drag out an old 486/586 board, overclock it and play some Duke Nukem 3D (Atomic edition). Now I hope I didn't throw away all my floppy drives. (PC DOS is on about 6 floppies).
I think I might have also found a good set of floppies of MS DOS 6.2, but I will need to check them to see if they are viable.
Maybe I will dual boot DOS and Win95 just for kiks...I think I have an old version of System Commander laying about where I could run several OS's for fun. I still have: Dos, Win95,Win98,WinME, WinNT4,WIN2k,XP, and if I can find the old XT hdd, from way back ...it has something I never heard of before I booted it, and that was "Windows 286".
At one time, I had all versions installed and in use at the same time, but that was in the ME Win2k days.
Sooo,I have something do do while waiting for parts to come by mail. I miss Duke anyways.

I have IBM DOS 1 and Windows 1.0

Buggy doesn't begin to describe Windows 1.0. and later 2.03 and 3.0a.

I think your games can be played on Win9x/Me.

For later systems, there were DOS slowdown apps in case your system was "too fast" for them ;)

Great post nostalgic and all that. I still have Duke Nukem on disc. Runs on the XP machine upstairs. and I have the pin ball game called Balls of Steel

"Damn those Alien scum are gonna pay for shooting up my ride."

I think your games can be played on Win9x/Me.

For later systems, there were DOS slowdown apps in case your system was "too fast" for them ;)

Yea, I played Duke in Dos mode with Win95, but it never had the same feel that it had in real DOS.

I still have an old full length ISA VLB Busmaster video card, and a board to use it with, but I think the card is toast..but I haven't tried the "oven trick" on it yet, so who knows? I think the card is a Trident..of course if it don't work, I still have an old trusty Virge to rely on.

I have a virge in my storage still works came out of a workstation i found on the side of the road. lol its solid even spilled milk on it. (dont ask)

Back