• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 870a Fuzion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yanko693

Has anyone here had an expierience with this board? I am thinking of buying it for my current build. Obviously I am drawn to the Hydra chip onboard with the only other option at 300 usd this board looks pretty good.
Also I read a few articles on the upcoming Fuzion power edition. Any word on when it will release? I heard it is up for pre order in Europe.

-Thanks

You mean the only other Hydra option? If so, I'm afraid you're right.

Are you just wanting to experiment with the Hydra or do you have some other goal in mind ...?

Well I would like to start with a GTX 460 and in the future (after Christmas) I wouldn't mind playing with throwing in a Radeon also. Plus I just the kind of person that likes to "collect" features whether or not I'll ever use them. :rofl:

Yes I have had very little experience with this board. first its not a new chipset it is only a 770 not 870 so older chipset then the new Asus Crosshair 4 extreme board that has the lucid chip in it aswell so you can use different Gpu's to my knowledge. Mine was defective so never got to play around with the two different cards I owned. One other thing I did not like about the board is it was not quite a ATX standard board the back side of the board does not fit the holes so it is left floating in the wind so to speak, so defiantly build outside the case atleast when installing ram and gpus.

I own this board after my old board died. i tried the hydra option and got great stable frame-rates, but after a bit of game play in anything it would crash. Great idea at heart but needs some work.

I have heard that the hydra drivers need work but are improving steadily. I will not be using the X mode right away anyway as I still have to buy some other essentials before getting optional toys. :santa2: as much as I would LOVE the crosshair IV extreme, I just can't justify spending 300 when Bulldozer is not likely to be compatible. :/ If they confirmed that it would be AM3 not AM3+ or whatever other new socket they could make, I actually would buy that board.

I sprung and bought the Fuzion. Once my build is finished I'll post some numbers up if anyone is interested.

Alright guys my 1090t BE comes tomorrow so I'll put up a thread with specs once I play around. What section should I put it in?

I'll put it in general hardware. I plan to go over the hydra chip once I get my ati card after Christmas.

Once I get my cooler I can start overclocking and I'll put up a link. Right now I'm enjoying my first pc build ever. Everything went flawless :santa: Now installing the endless drivers.

Just to run through the two most important things on my checklist - did you update the BIOS? And once you have the new drivers installed I'd also update Windows. Hopefully you're getting your drivers from websites instead of those included with your hardware - no telling how long those have been sitting on a shelf somewhere ...

Just to run through the two most important things on my checklist - did you update the BIOS? And once you have the new drivers installed I'd also update Windows. Hopefully you're getting your drivers from websites instead of those included with your hardware - no telling how long those have been sitting on a shelf somewhere ...

+1 This part is absolutely essential.

Yep, I got all of them from the websites. Havent updated the bios yet but I will tonight.

Back