• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom Temps Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

My friend has a AMD Phenom 2 X4 910 processor, and he has recently upgraded the motherboard and has a concern of the temps on his processor.

In Bios it shows its showing ~42 C degrees at idle. He has yet to download Realtemp, but I have suggested it. He will do that tonight. Is ~42 idle an appropriate temp with Ambient ~76 F. And what would an appropriate Full load temp be?

Thanks in advance.

Seems a little warm. What cooler? I'm curious to see Coretemp or HWmonitor once in Windows before I get too worried.

You'd think it would be a little cooler than that but with the stock heatsink and using the CPU socket sensor instead of the core temp who knows? Most AMD chipsets run in the upper-30's to mid-40's most of the time and even if the CPU is relatively cool the chipset can effect the CPU socket temp - especially with a horizontal cooler - which is why we like the core temp instead.

I'd be interested in seeing the load core temp when you get around to it ... ;)

Ok, downloaded Coretemp. Temps are 26C so he is ok. He did take off the heatsink, clean and reapply TM. So that is all good.

I gave him a Xigmatek S1283 that he is going to install after he buys the Xbow bracket for AMD. He wants to know what he should expect for a mild/medium OC and what temps he should be looking at. He has the options of the Xiggy Fan vs. a Panaflo NMB-MAT fan. Although I think he will go with the Xiggy for noise sake.

Any info/advice?

No clue on the 910. The 920 would clock well if the board was good enough. Takes a high clock speed to reach even 3.6 GHz if you only have a 13X multiplier ...

Back