• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding a GTX 465 to the loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, I think I will try the fans first and hope for the best. Now I have to figure out which block to get because my Maze5 doesn't fit any GTX according to Danger Den which is a whole other adventure. Back to searching the forums. :shrug:

The parts are in my sig and here is a link to my post in the w/c system thread with pics. The two front fans are connected to the controller in the bays and the two on the single 120 rad in the rear are running on Zalman fan mates. All fans are Yate Loon D12SH-12 running right around 7v or so.

Last edited:
30C loaded, must be 10C or less in there. Or some odd result. Coretemp, latest version is what I'll believe at 30 minutes.
Some boards, most notably ASUS, don't relay the core temp correctly (don't know why). At worst it's +12°C or so, which is still low-40's, and that shouldn't be very surprising at all. X4's running 1.50 vCore plus 1.25-1.30v on the cpuNB (he's doing 1.475/1.20) can do mid-50's on air (and not even $50+ air). My 940BE running 1.3625/1.20 with a TRUE hovers around 40°C ... :shrug:

Thanks, I think I will try the fans first and hope for the best. Now I have to figure out which block to get because my Maze5 doesn't fit any GTX according to Danger Den which is a whole other adventure. Back to searching the forums. :shrug:
I wanted to clarify this. DD replied back to me and the Maze5 does fit the 460 just not the 470/480. I don't think I will even have to break my loop down now unless the gpu is in an odd spot compared to the 8800GT. :cool:

30C loaded, must be 10C or less in there. Or some odd result. Coretemp, latest version is what I'll believe at 30 minutes.
26c on a regular day actually. Probably 24 or so that day because of the colder weather.

For some unknown reason I feel compelled to prove myself to you so I installed the .99.8 over my .99.7 version and saw no difference.

Last edited:
jez, I wouldn't do it full...I don't trust myself that much lol
Yea I say I don't have to break it down but I'm sure when it comes right down to it I will at least drain it because I also don't trust myself. I'm more happy about the fact I won't need to buy a new block.

I'm amazed and you done enough proving. Thats awesome temps. I idle at 35C or so stock with a equivelent rad size, load at 55C or so. I'm so outta touch with AMD now. 1055T does very well on temps.

I'm amazed and you done enough proving. Thats awesome temps. I idle at 35C or so stock with a equivelent rad size, load at 55C or so. I'm so outta touch with AMD now. 1055T does very well on temps.
Thanks, and trust me I was shocked as well coming from Intel after so many years.

OP, you should really consider getting a 460 instead of a 465. The 465 was a mistake by nVidia and the 1gb 460 actually outperforms it on most benches and the 460 runs WAY cooler and uses MUCH less energy to run plus it's cheaper... Much better card overall, will keep your DTs down too (more than a 465 would for sure).

OP, you should really consider getting a 460 instead of a 465. The 465 was a mistake by nVidia and the 1gb 460 actually outperforms it on most benches and the 460 runs WAY cooler and uses MUCH less energy to run plus it's cheaper... Much better card overall, will keep your DTs down too (more than a 465 would for sure).
After reading some more up on it I agree with you and the other post that suggested that. I thought I posted that above but it looks like not.

Back