• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockin issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_cultie

I just added a second 8800GTS (G92) to my rig and I overclocked both of them with Rivatuner v2.24; I have been using Rivatuner since I started overclocking.

However, I am having a slight problem getting the overclock to kick in when windows boots. It'll enable the new settings on one card and leave the other at default even though I have the start-up settings saved. So I then go into Rivatuner and set up the clocks I want, hit apply and exit. Then on the next reboot its the other card thats at stock. :screwy:

So has anyone any ideas how I can fix this or it's to do with driver support etc, I know Rivatuner hasn't been updated in a while, is there a different application that would be recommended that would equal or exceed Rivatuner.

I just added a second 8800GTS (G92) to my rig and I overclocked both of them with Rivatuner v2.24; I have been using Rivatuner since I started overclocking.

However, I am having a slight problem getting the overclock to kick in when windows boots. It'll enable the new settings on one card and leave the other at default even though I have the start-up settings saved. So I then go into Rivatuner and set up the clocks I want, hit apply and exit. Then on the next reboot its the other card thats at stock. :screwy:

So has anyone any ideas how I can fix this or it's to do with driver support etc, I know Rivatuner hasn't been updated in a while, is there a different application that would be recommended that would equal or exceed Rivatuner.

Try MSIs after burner. It's much more refined and user friendly, and based of Riva Tuner to boot. Think of it like Riva with a pretty graphical interface. :thup:

Can using MSI Afterburner destroy/break my cards? I'm thinking about overclocking my Gigabyte 460s, but I don't wanna lose my cards by accident...

Can using MSI Afterburner destroy/break my cards? I'm thinking about overclocking my Gigabyte 460s, but I don't wanna lose my cards by accident...

Under normal usage no...well, no more than overclocking with anything else. With all overclocking there is a chance (albeit slim) that you can break something. You should read up a bit before cranking on them.

The programs you may have heard of lately that have been wounding cards are Kombuster, Furmark, and OCCT. Steer clear of those and I think you will be fine.

Tried MSI Afterburner and it worked perfectly, got both cards shader clocks at 1944MHz and folding away again :D

It's just that I'm kinda bad at OCing, seeing as how I can't get above 3.87 ghz for my i7 930 cpu, when others can get it up to 4 ghz easily.

But I will read more about MSI Afterburner. It works on non-MSI cards right?

It's just that I'm kinda bad at OCing, seeing as how I can't get above 3.87 ghz for my i7 930 cpu, when others can get it up to 4 ghz easily.

But I will read more about MSI Afterburner. It works on non-MSI cards right?

Works on everything for me...even ATi cards. Just cause you can't hit 4.0ghz doesn't mean you bad at it, just not experienced...or you have a lazy CPU/Mobo.

Have you posted a thread in the CPU section? I'm sure if you do post one with a full layout of all your setting in the BIOS some of the Intel guru's around here can guide you into the 4ghz range.

Is there a program for me to output my BIOS settings to a text file so I don't have to manually write it down on a piece of paper and then post the settings here? :p

Back