• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turn Aero back on while using AMD Fusion???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makethingsnew

I'm just learning about overclocking. I have a AMD 1090 t x6 black edition in an MSI 785gm P45, running corsair 8g of corsair 1333mhz ram.

I haven't started overclocking yet because i'm learning. I just installed the new processor and updated the bios with msi live update 4. I'm running bios 0.7 I guess.

I have a radeon hd 5770 also updated with current catalyst software.

So the problem is that AMD Fusion shuts of Aero. I like aero, plus I've been reading that this is a bad thing to do for a discrete graphics card, and if I'm not mistaken that's what an hd 5770 is.

So how do I turn it back on. It's already checked and grayed out in task bar properties, and under themes in personalization, it is also grayed out and I can't select it.

Please help i'm a noob. It took me 5 hours to realize my processor power wasn't installed after changing my processor. I kept freaking out as my graphic card spooled up like crazy and then all I got was a black screen and way to shut it of.

I just want my aero back please :confused:

If you enabled the Advanced profile in Fusion, the Aero desktop is disabled.

thanks i'm sure that works but where is that btw? I've gone through every part of the program I can find and it's not there. I've put aero's extension into the exception for software box. there is no advanced profile setting that I can see

I've put aero's extension into the exception for software box.

That didn't work

The only way I can get it right now is to go into msconfig and turn off the fusion start up services

Is it maybe called something else? Every time I try the auto fix for desktop graphics it just shuts off. I'm assuming fusion is doing it. Really need detailed help. I'm running fusion utility for desktops version 2.0.1.117

You need to press the + button in order to open the advanced mode of the utility, then either disengage or edit the currently selected profile, or just select the basic profile.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.3 KB · Views: 818
Last edited:
Back