• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super-resolution video processing software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Socket eh?

This article came out in 2005, what happened to this tech? I can't find any decent software that uses these kinds of algorithms.

I would like to restore my WCW collection, and I have a decent amount of power and time. I don't mind paying a couple hundred for an effective solution.

Are you trying to filter out/clean up noise? At work I clean up VHS -> DVD transfers using JES Video Cleaner. http://www.xs4all.nl/~jeschot/home.html

You could try blowing up the videos with something like MPEG Stremclip and running it through JVC to clean up the interpolation. MPEG SC is Mac/Windows but JVC is Mac only, so that might be a problem. That said, I can't imagine something similar for Windows doesn't exist.

If you want to do exactly what they're talking about in the article, I have no idea where you might look....

I have seen those types of filters, but what they were doing there is so much better. I realize it would take a day or two to process a two hour video, but it would still be worth it.

As a side note, are you running Throttlestop on your 940XM?

No, my Sager (Clevo 860CU) spends most of it's time in a non-Windows environment. When it's in Windows, I need the battery life more than a speed boost (and appreciate quiet fans). My GTX285M runs a bit cooler/uses less power than your Radeon so throttling isn't much of an issue and turbo works but it rarely kicks on.

Back