• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HOW-TO] Liquid Electrical Tape - removal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Morning Miah! Funny you posted this...I was about to ask, lol.

Last edited:
I was getting the processing error, now I'm getting "video removed because it was too long"

edit - nevermind....still trying to get it right :(

Last edited:
OK....I'm totally frustrated....the video is too long for youtube (15 min max) at 16 minutes....so I've been trying to crop off a few minutes from the end.

The only video editing SW I have is Windows Movie Maker :mad: and it's horrible. It keeps crashing my GPU :confused: and then only transcodes the first few seconds of the video....the rest is black.

What SW can I use (for free) that will let me do this simple crop?

You could upload it to livestream (video on demand feature), but then you have the ads...

By the way, I used the tags to embed. We have youtube video embedding on the forums now:
[yvid]putvideoidentifierhere[/yvid]

Miah removed the video, still working on it:

edit - nevermind....still trying to get it right :(

OK....I'm totally frustrated....the video is too long for youtube (15 min max) at 16 minutes....so I've been trying to crop off a few minutes from the end.

The only video editing SW I have is Windows Movie Maker :mad: and it's horrible. It keeps crashing my GPU :confused: and then only transcodes the first few seconds of the video....the rest is black.

What SW can I use (for free) that will let me do this simple crop?

Ya, sorry. I initially replied saying I embedded it, then I read and saw the video was removed... Then I edited my post making it confusing what was going on. Clear as mud now.

I lost internet last night while working on it....internet is back up now....but I still have not successfully cropped the video down to size :(

Can you upload it somewhere else or convert it to a compressed format and put it somewhere? I'd offer my editing skills but all my hardware is packed up and I'm on my laptop.

Can you upload it somewhere else or convert it to a compressed format and put it somewhere? I'd offer my editing skills but all my hardware is packed up and I'm on my laptop.

Nope....it's 1.8GB....above the limit for Livestream and Photobucket. I really just need to trim off the end, then I can upload it to youtube. I used to use an open source app called virtualdubmod....but I've tried for hours to get it working on my machine, and have failed. The author stopped supporting it in 2002, and there haven't been any community update since 2006. It's missing dlls :(

Oh well....I've about had it.....I don't know why this is so difficult, seems like a pretty simple task, but I'm just :bang head

OK....I finally got this done, sorry about the delay (OP updated).

That dosnt look to bad. Do you think a thicker layer would have made it even easier to get of?

Yes, the thicker it is, the easier it gets (in my testing).

Back