• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem folding with 3 gpu's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

Hi guys, well I finally figured out out to get the smp to work, and 2 gpus rockin.. but Im haveing a hard time getting my 8800gt to fold, is it not good for folding anymore? I am useing the newest nvidia driver, and keep getting unstable machine error.. am I limited to only 2 gpus on one computer?

There isn't a limit. Do you have -forcegpu nvidia_g80 in the target line of the shortcut or in extra paramaters?

Okay, well I tried that and it didnt work, both in the target line, and extra parameters, and still no love. Then I remembered it was a newer 8800gt, so I tried g92, and still no love :(

What are the other two gpus? I assume you've got -gpu 0 on the first -gpu 1 on the second and -gpu 2 on the third gpu.

I have a GTX295, with my 8800GT. If I force any kind of gpu flag, gpu 0 runs fine, and the client for gpu 1 will start with an error saying that my driver or my gpu is not supported. If I remove the gpu flags from the 2 clients running on the 295, then it will run fine. As for the 8800, I cannot get it to run at all, Ive tried what I was instructed to do here, but it just refuses to do any work, and now I think stanford cut that gpu off for awhile because the server isnt sending it work to do.

As for cooling, its ok :)

What OS? If Vista, do you have dummy plugs, or monitors plugged into each GPU? Do you have the desktops expanded for the extra GPUs?

What OS? If Vista, do you have dummy plugs, or monitors plugged into each GPU? Do you have the desktops expanded for the extra GPUs?

Im running Windows 7 x64 right now. Its funny you mentioned that, I was just thinking about those dummy plugs, and if I needed one. The 295 on its own works pretty well, Its sitting at 70c as we speak running at 670/1440/1134 and it seems pretty content. My nice quiet computer is now really loud again :( I saw OCF is sitting in the #4 spot, so I thought I should help out a bit, since this thing sits idle for about 70% of its life, and I never shut it off anyways unless its for maintenance heh.

If you have a single PCB 295 (co-op) they behave weird when folding. I've never gotten one to play well with other cards. You should get about 15-18K ppd out of it though, compared to about 5-6K ppd from the 8800.

But yeah, for me the co-op worked like a single GPU client, but it would mess up additional -gpu x settings.

Well...

I gave up on it.

I put it back in with my e8600.

I have them both crunching away now, tho I dont think they will do too much compared to other systems, but its better then a poke in the eye with a dull stick! :D

Well...

I gave up on it.

I put it back in with my e8600.

I have them both crunching away now, tho I dont think they will do too much compared to other systems, but its better then a poke in the eye with a dull stick! :D

Welcome to the fold man. I just joined too with a 9800GT for starters and the rest will eventually follow in the new year.

Long time no see!:beer:

Thanks, its been awhile :)

I am thinking about retireing some of my older equipment for something a bit stronger.

The one good thing about folding in the winter, is the impressive amount of heat your pc can make lol :)

Thanks, its been awhile :)

I am thinking about retireing some of my older equipment for something a bit stronger.

The one good thing about folding in the winter, is the impressive amount of heat your pc can make lol :)

LOL ya, it's 0C outside, the house is at 17C and the computer room, with the window cracked open an inch plus a 12" stand fan blowing the heat out into the house the room is still 22C. Jeez man, what's gonna happen when I get the GTX460 installed next week!:shock::D

LOL ya, it's 0C outside, the house is at 17C and the computer room, with the window cracked open an inch plus a 12" stand fan blowing the heat out into the house the room is still 22C. Jeez man, what's gonna happen when I get the GTX460 installed next week!:shock::D

You'll like it they run much cooler!

Okay!

Ive got everything in the house running f@h.

Its not a major huge contribution, but heres the list:

GTX 295, but only 1 gpu folding because I cannot get the other to engage for the life of me, Ive been trying for 3 days now :( Its running at 670/1512/1134
i7 965XE @ 4ghz with HT on.

8800GT @ 670/1620/975, e8600 @ 4.1 (stock intel cooler)

AMD 5000 in an acer running at stock 2.6 :/

Hope it helps some

:)

Back