• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my Sony Bravia KDL-40EX500 cripple the GTX 580?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ahmen to the PS3, I've been meaning to get one as well... Gotta love bluray player + free online play + awesome titles + best console hardware for $300 =)

ahmen to the PS3, I've been meaning to get one as well... Gotta love bluray player + free online play + awesome titles + best console hardware for $300 =)

The PS3 will eliminate 3 pieces of hardware for me. It will eliminate my DVD player, my Wii which I just use to stream Netflix, and my Xbox 360, which I use to stream media from my computer. I don't have the Xbox gold membership, so I can't use it to stream Netflix. The PS3 will allow me to knock out all 3 of those things. I will probably never play an actual game on it.

I would use it for folding! I am not a gamer myself, but I do play occasional arcade games that they have for free, plus blu-ray movies and netflix are really good reason to buy it

ATi's single gpu cards generally sit behind Nvidia's top end card, but the HD6990 should be able to beat the GTX580.

Do you think that it will be more expensive than the 580 though?

Yep, same TV. $650 from Ultimate Electronics, worth every penny. I was using a crappy 720p 32" Magnavox TV before that. I love the TV, now I just need to get a PS3 to play Blu Rays :D

Yeah, the TV is awesome.

The PS3 will eliminate 3 pieces of hardware for me. It will eliminate my DVD player, my Wii which I just use to stream Netflix, and my Xbox 360, which I use to stream media from my computer. I don't have the Xbox gold membership, so I can't use it to stream Netflix. The PS3 will allow me to knock out all 3 of those things. I will probably never play an actual game on it.

Yeah, the PS3 is a great piece of hardware, no doubt about it.

Unfortunately, there are a few games on the 360 that I like a lot that are exclusives. Halo: Reach for example is big one.

But, Uncharted 2 is one of the best ever. :rock:

Back