• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jetway overclocking Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smoney

Can some one help me to overclock my amd phenom 545 on a Jetway HA04 extreme motherboard please, I must cant get it right

:welcome: to OCF!

You might want to take a look at the Phenom II Overclocking Guide for starters: http://www.overclockers.com/forums /showthread.php?t=596023

Since your CPU has a locked multiplier you'll need to use the system clock (what Dolk calls the FSB) to overclock yours ...

But I dont think my mobo can unlock the cores and my mobo doesnt show FSB

But I dont think my mobo can unlock the cores and my mobo doesnt show FSB
I wasn't talking about unlocking the cores, I was talking about the CPU multiplier being locked, meaning you can't set it higher than 15X (for your CPU).

The "FSB" has many labels depending on your BIOS. "CPU Frequency" is common, "reference", "system", or "CPU" clock is less common but sometimes used. I'd just look for something that has a default value of 200 - that will be your reference clock and that's what you'll need to increase to overclock your CPU. When you read the Phenom II Guide just substitute "FSB" for whatever label your BIOS uses. :)

broken link.
I have no idea what happened there - but it's fixed now. Thanks for telling me! :beer:

I wasn't talking about unlocking the cores, I was talking about the CPU multiplier being locked, meaning you can't set it higher than 15X (for your CPU).

The "FSB" has many labels depending on your BIOS. "CPU Frequency" is common, "reference", "system", or "CPU" clock is less common but sometimes used. I'd just look for something that has a default value of 200 - that will be your reference clock and that's what you'll need to increase to overclock your CPU. When you read the Phenom II Guide just substitute "FSB" for whatever label your BIOS uses. :)

I have no idea what happened there - but it's fixed now. Thanks for telling me! :beer:

My fsb cant get over 215 and my maltiplier is at 15 max its a amd 545 and I can only get my speed from 3Ghz to 3.2Ghz it doesn't want to go fater I dont know what to do maybe I should get a better motherboard, asus or msi

Overclocking is something that takes time. The Phenom II Guide I linked earlier has all the answers. If you don't want to put in that much time you can try the link below. It's written for the K8 CPU, not K10 (Phenom), but it's simple and easy. It won't get you as high an overclock as reading/following the Phenom Guide but like everything else you get what you pay for. Less time/effort = lower overclock, there is on magic pill ...

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5587879&postcount=26

I used to have an HA04. It was a decent board, right up until the overclocking started.

Here's a problem : the HT Link multiplier (which you need working to compensate for HTT speed increases) does not work as intended. You can lower it and one would think you could reasonably expect a safe HT Link speed as a result, but it seems to work at random intervals. With the later BIOS updates, it seemed about 90% fixed, but would still flake out every once in a while, leaving your HT Link speed while overclocked much higher than the CPU can operate at stably.

Jetway was also entirely unresponsive to any support inquiries, so I'm pretty animated about staying very far away from their products now.

It's a shame, since I could get some fairly high HTT speeds out of the board when the HT Link multiplier was applied properly. It'd have probably been a dynamite board if the BIOS was well-sorted.

Back