• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused about BSOD and Debugger Plz Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

An0nymus

My Laptop is randomly BSODing on me, can anyone help? The source file is (subudbio.sys) which I know nothing about. I ran WinDbg of the Mini Kernal DUMP File that was created after the blue screen. The results consisted of a " STOP: 0x000000D0 " and a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. I don't know if I am making any sense so any help would be appreciated. :confused:

I am new to forums and have a few other questions if anyone has the time to discuss these not sure if i have to move to a different forum section for those.

did you google that error?

The other file may be mistyped?

subaudbio.sys

USB audio? USB head phones?

Last edited:
... and are you sure about the STOP error? A PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA fault is normally shown as 0x00000050. Which OS are you running, and have you run Memtest86+ yet to check for RAM stability?

I know the file was subudbio.sys. I don't understand how it would be mistyped. I do not think it is USB audio related but thats why I'm here posting. I have googled it and found nothing about it. If I can get the bluescreen again I will note the proper code. But it is a STOP: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. And I will run a memtest and see what results I get from it. Is there anything I should post or could run to post more information? Currently running Windows 7 Pro.

... and are you sure about the STOP error? A PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA fault is normally shown as 0x00000050. Which OS are you running, and have you run Memtest86+ yet to check for RAM stability?

In the OC'ing world, that's a classic warning sign of unstable RAM!

15 Passes with memtest...yielding no results...still no answer to what this source file is or why it is causing this BSOD.

I don't know if it is "in fact" audio related. Let me start over. The Bluescreen is resulting from a STOP ERROR: A_PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. The code is 0x00000050. The source file is "SUBUDBIO.SYS" not "subaudbio.sys". I ran memtest with 15 passes and yielded no errors. The stop code is "a classic warning sign of unstable ram" which I don't understand if memtest is not generating any errors. Also, if it is unstable RAM because of the stop code, can someone explain what the source file is that is generating this result. Again, the source file is SUBUDBIO.SYS...

I don't know if it is "in fact" audio related. Let me start over. The Bluescreen is resulting from a STOP ERROR: A_PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. The code is 0x00000050. The source file is "SUBUDBIO.SYS" not "subaudbio.sys". I ran memtest with 15 passes and yielded no errors. The stop code is "a classic warning sign of unstable ram" which I don't understand if memtest is not generating any errors. Also, if it is unstable RAM because of the stop code, can someone explain what the source file is that is generating this result. Again, the source file is SUBUDBIO.SYS...

Anon,

Memtest is only a preliminary memory test outside of your operating system, it's not 100% conclusive. Run Orthos or Prime95 in Windows now for a more conclusive and finalized memory test evaluation.

I would uninstall the last think you installed. When ever the instability started...

Back