• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lo-Pro Card for gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kowalski3500

Hello friends. My buddy picked up this deal from wal-mart for a Sempron 140 system, the HP s5623w-b Slimline. I was doing some research as to what we could throw in there to replace the integrated 6150SE (BLEGH) and the GT 430 seems like quite a nice option for the $70 the 'egg wants for one. I'm seeing lots of 5450s, GT 210s and 220s, 8400gs. 5670 seems to be the best thing besides the 430. He'd need a lo-pro card, the 2.7" not the 4.3" normal height. The 430 looks a lot like a GTS 250 or GTS 360M in terms of specs and performance, around 8000 3dmarks in 3dmark06, which is gonna be fine for the level of performance he's looking for.

Are there any other options for putting a video card in that tiny little case? The 430 looks nice for the price. Unless there's a way to put a normal card in there?

EDIT: Looks like the 5670 actually gets better scores and performance in nearly every bench and game, and it's only $80... what do you guys think? There's a Gigabyte GT 430 DDR3 with a nice little cooler for $65 after MIR and an MSI 5670 GDDR5 with a nice little cooler as well for $80.

Last edited:
Looks like the 5670 actually gets better scores and performance in nearly every bench and game, and it's only $80... what do you guys think?

Yeah, definitely go with the 5670. It's an OK card, and is probably about the best you're going to do given the limitations of the PSU in that HP. The GT430 doesn't look too bad on paper, but in reality it's pretty weak.

Make sure he's got a PCI-E slot first. Some of those systems have weird proprietary motherboards. :)

Back