• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Asus Core Unlocking Supported Over An IDE Hard Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flybeech

I have an Asus M4A785-M and a Sempron 140 that unlocks to an Athlon II x2 and boots Windows 7 on my SATA drive just fine. I need to return my friend's computer with my mobo installed and his IDE drive unleashing the Sargas, if possible. His IDE disk boots and runs Windows 7 perfectly when unleashing is disabled.

I can't get Windows to start when unleashing is enabled over his IDE drive for anything. I've tried to start it with the install disk and every way I can think to get it into safe mode, when in unleash mode. I have gotten it to start in safe, but as soon as it gets to a certain point, Windows always stops and restarts the machine. I just can't make it run.

Any ideas? Is core unlocking even possible over an IDE drive?

Last edited:
Is it the same version of Win7? You didn't indicate if they were running 32-bit and/or 64-bit ...

Yes, both disks have one copy of Windows 7 64 bit Family Pack Upgrade. The SATA disk unlocks the Sargas to a Regor perfectly, but the same installation of Windows 7 on the IDE drive just will not run when unleashing mode is on. No matter how I try to start Windows, it just won't run until I disable unleashing.

That is TOO strange. I haven't noticed any tendency for it to work that way - on the other hand, we don't often ask what kind of HDD a person is running. Might be a good question the next time someone is having trouble doing that.

BTW - :welcome: to OCF!

Back