• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Before i buy make sure i made a good decision?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

To make a long story short. Its XFX VS Nvidia

And i have chosen to stick with XFX due to their warranty and i have never had even a glitch with one of their cards we have been buying them since they came on the market. Dont know why i even tried another brand. Nvidia can thank asus for this choice.

So i am going with the HD5830 its faster then a 1gb 460 and its cheaper. $169.99 Not to mention the life time warranty.

I have never bought a ATI card before is there any problems other then drivers that i should know about. Can this card run the new 3d stuff?

Thanks,

Shadow

looks good, just make sure that you download the drivers from the AMD website after you install the card onto your system, because the disc that comes with the card could have old drivers.

EDIT: the 5830 is a great card, and it does support AMD's 3d technology, if you have any questions, you could always go to the AMD site.

Um, no, the GTX 460 is significantly better than the 5830 in almost all cases...

You might find this site useful.

Whatever your choice, wait untill after december 13th to buy.

And what resolution is your monitor?

Back