• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crucial 2100 ddr question......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moeshka

Registered
i have a 256 stick and am sure the spd settings have changed by themselves. The ones i get now are:

cas 2.5t, sdr 3
sdram ras 3t
ras to cas 3t
sdram active to precharge 6t

i have manually set them to 2,2,2,5 which was there original default reading from the memory signature.

has anyone else come across changing memory settings like this?

thanks

moeshka said:
i have a 256 stick and am sure the spd settings have changed by themselves. The ones i get now are:

cas 2.5t, sdr 3
sdram ras 3t
ras to cas 3t

i have manually set them to 2,2,2,5 which was there original default reading from the memory signature.

thanks

i dont understand the quesiton, otherwise i would help you...

moeshka said:

cas 2.5t, sdr 3
sdram ras 3t
ras to cas 3t

thanks

Moe- With Crucial I always set the BIOS to overide the SPD and make the settings 2 2 2. Everytime the BIOS resets to default I reset them back to 2 2 2.

Crucial goes 170MHz and better at 2 2 2 so its standard procedure for me.

Hope this helps.

Harvey

Re: Re: crucial 2100 ddr question......

Crucial goes 170MHz and better at 2 2 2 so its standard procedure for me.

Hope this helps.

Harvey [/B][/QUOTE]

And you gotta love that.:D

sorry if my original post caused confusion.

when i first inserted the memory the default settings in bios were
2,2,2,5 and i left them at this.

after mucking about with the system oc etc. the default settings in the bios have changed to 3,3,3,6.

i have to manually change them to get the original default settings 2,2... where as before they were pre-set already to these.

it seems like the chip recognition has changed and i didnt know if this was because of damaging the memory

hope this makes a bit more sense

thanks

It will go back to default settings if the board goes back to default. Have you had to clear cmos or are you having to hold down the insert key during boot. I.E. is the board going back to default settings? I do not believe the ram is damaged.

Back