• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your work stations.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It isn't too bad, but that isn't really my scene anymore. For full screen games (true full screen that minimized when you went off the game), it was nice to monitor the system. For "full screen" games (*cough* WoW), it was nice to browser the internet or use other programs. I find the latter more useful.

It isn't fast, it isn't pretty, but it's my current workstation.

Sempron 3000+ 1.8GHz, MSI K8N Neo3 H (nForce4-4x), Corsair TX750W, 1GB CMX1024-3200C2Pro, 160 GB WD Caviar Blue IDE, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB VRAM PCIe x16, Lite-on DVDRW LH-20A1S. DSCN1294.JPG

Last edited:
Desk I built. 1" MDF construction with laminated surfaces. It breaks down into 3 pieces to make moving it possible. Full wire management, filtered power (helps with audio), separate speaker wire paths, and built in Ethernet and power. ATI eyefinity for 3 monitor gaming, 5 speaker surround setup, and a KVM for fixing other computers (on 2nd keyboard and mouse). Speakers: Polk Audio Monitor 40's, Polk Audio CS10 center, Klipsch KG-4 as surrounds.

Since others are posting both their workstations and test benches, I'll do both:

Workstation:

wkstn.jpg

Since we're off grid, this workstation is designed for maximum performance and minimum energy consumption (specs in sig). The illuminated switching unit allows for peripherals to be easily powered up when needed and subsequently powered down when not. Since I'm constantly mobile, the docking station allows for fast integration with the monitor, network and cascaded USB hubs attaching all other peripherals.

Test/Assembly Bench:

bench.jpg

Stainless steel test/assembly bench will last awhile; anti-static foam pads are stowed for easy access when handling components. Compact design with ample lighting makes work easier and minimizes unnecessary motion. Under-bench compressor with secondary air tank allows for convenient air cleaning.

Last edited:
Desk I built. 1" MDF construction with laminated surfaces. It breaks down into 3 pieces to make moving it possible. Full wire management, filtered power (helps with audio), separate speaker wire paths, and built in Ethernet and power. ATI eyefinity for 3 monitor gaming, 5 speaker surround setup, and a KVM for fixing other computers (on 2nd keyboard and mouse). Speakers: Polk Audio Monitor 40's, Polk Audio CS10 center, Klipsch KG-4 as surrounds.

GIVEEEE ME THAT BATTLESTATION!!!! :D u need a new Computer mouse thou

do you get any sag in the middle? that seems like a long distance with no support. i ask because i have thought about doing that but as i put both arms on the desk and sometimes lean back and kick my feet up it worries me

@ vortaku
i know this wasnt aimed at me, however you could use some wood a few inches thick to support it at the back, or you could attach it to the wall if you dont plan on moving it very often.

Just a thought

@ vortaku
i know this wasnt aimed at me, however you could use some wood a few inches thick to support it at the back, or you could attach it to the wall if you dont plan on moving it very often.

Just a thought

i suppose you have a valid point, heck i may be building my next desk!

Back