• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your work stations.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
_DSC4244.jpg

I AM Omega!

furn.jpg
me

attachment.php

Want that badge...

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633537 :thup:

Hey, man, is that a Xigmatek heatsink? What type of processor do you have it on, and what kind of speeds/temps/voltages are you seeing?

Yeah, it's a Xigmatek Cobra d984 I got it to use in a narrow case a few years ago, but now it's moved to the custom bench station I made. I built that PC for my brother to use for music production and AutoCAD. The CPU is an i5 750 at a mild 20x160MHz to get the 1600MHz RAM up to speed.

Oh really?
73838_10150306999610080_852670079_15556753_2655368_n.jpg

I think mine might have been a bit more difficult to build :)

You did a great job on that suit. It's definitely more difficult to build, but just b/c it was more difficult doesn't mean it's better or "cooler". It's all a matter of opinion really. I'm not a fan of Halo at all, the game is horrible in my opinion, so the Halo suit just doesn't do it for me... :p

do you get any sag in the middle? that seems like a long distance with no support. i ask because i have thought about doing that but as i put both arms on the desk and sometimes lean back and kick my feet up it worries me

The desk would sag if it was not supported in the middle. MDF is not the best wood to prevent sag. I have what ended up being one of the metal adjustable shelf rails under it bolted to the desk using 5 t nuts. It spans the entire gap between the left leg and the left shelf side. It's recessed about 10" right to where the top is glued down onto the main desk surface and it only sticks down about 1 inch. When it's that far back my knees are just in front of it at normal sitting position. I haven't manged to hit my knees on it yet, so it seems to be working great. I have stood on the desk to make sure it would not sag. :)

Still have to get some cable management trays for the desk so the rat's nest behind the big monitor is no longer there... Need moar desk space too...

1zf43q.jpg

Here is a pictures since I moved, upgraded my speakers a bit and moved to my Dragon Case.

desk1_02-25-2011.JPG

desk2_02-25-2011.JPG

good to see your a ps3 fan there thiddy, good choice.
There is a 360 controller there too. ;)

Better yet, good choice in mouse.

What speakers are those, Thiddy?
Those are Polk Audio Monitor 40 Series II speakers along with a Polk Audio 12" PSW505 subwoofer. Coming from a Logitech z5500 set, this blows me away. It is incredible. I was used to the way the z5500 sounded (no mid, boosted highs) and initially did not like the new speakers. After listening to a few songs, I noticed that I could hear things that I couldn't before and realized it was because of the mids. Shortly after, I hooked the z5500 back up to compare them and was horrified by the sound. It was terrible! Can't believe I've been using them for this long.

So we have two Polk owners in this thread. Interesting. I wonder if Polk hits a performance/price point that resonates with the users on this forum? Right now the data sample is too small to draw a conclusion.

I know I'm looking at these:

http://axiomaudio.com/audiobytecomputerspeakers.html

As to the original topic, I'm still working on getting everything set up for a photo op. I wish I could get a good weekend.

These were on sale for $119 shipped from Newegg. I've been waiting for a deal on them and found they had the exact ones I wanted. Couldn't pass it up.

I'm honestly not sure how to answer that. They sound fine to me. :shrug:

right now for speakers i got a set of rf 6x9's on a 250 rf watt amp i pulled out of my truck i just sold lol

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

blops hurts my ears :(

Last edited:
Back